MMvari Cursor disappears

  • Robin Thompson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2014
      Any ideas on why the cursor disappears when running MMvari either PSK or
      RTTY (both AFSK) in the RcvNr entry window. It's ok in the callsign entry
      window . I use ESM and SO2V mode with an old FT1000D on both VFOs and an
      MKII.

      It's done it intermittently for several years during data contests so not
      version dependant - running Win7

      73

      Robin

      G3TKF

    • GORDON BROWN
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2014
        I have also been having the same problem and it is a pain to see the window freeze with no obvious way of restoring it.
        73
        Gordon G3MZV

      • Ray Hills
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2014
          Hello Robin,

          Not sure whether this is relevant but I use MMVARI within N1MM. All I do is
          click on the incoming serial and it lands up in the rcvd serial box. I
          don't even look for the cursor.

          Ray

          Any ideas on why the cursor disappears when running MMvari either PSK or
          RTTY (both AFSK) in the RcvNr entry window. It's ok in the callsign entry
          window . I use ESM and SO2V mode with an old FT1000D on both VFOs and an
          MKII.

          It's done it intermittently for several years during data contests so not
          version dependant - running Win7

          73

          Robin

          G3TKF

          Yahoo Groups Links
        • Robin Thompson
          Message 4 of 6 , May 15, 2014

            Thanks Gordon

            It doesn’t actually “freeze” here – it just doesn’t display the cursor – whether I use “space” or “tab” to move across the entry boxes.

            I am wondering if it’s more a function of a Win 7 setting, although running MMvari is the only time I am actually aware of the problem – it doesn’t happen running the usual logging section of N1MM

            I was just intrigued to see if anyone else experienced it!

            73

            Robin

            G3TKF

            Message 5 of 6 , May 15, 2014

              Thanks Ray

              Yes I sometimes do the same – but at times there is so much “rubbish” either side of a number that manually entering is essential!

              Message 6 of 6 , May 15, 2014
                Hello Robin,

                Yes, indeed, but I usually just enter the whole block and sort it out later.  As long as there is a number in there somewhere!1