Strange Problem

  • Carol Richards
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2014
      Hello,

      I have an IC756Pro and as everyone knows, there is no way to use the
      internal voice memories with N1MM. I have found an easy work-around the
      problem. I purchased a West Mountain Rig Blaster Advantage. It only took 2
      minutes to configure N1MM to work with it. I can easily program any of the
      function keys and by adjusting the levels on the rigblaster when recording,
      it sounds great and works great except for one problem....

      Every so often, when the computer beeps, that beep seems to go out over the
      air. Is there any way to cure this problem?

      Carol
    • David G3YYD
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2014

        Turn off all sounds on PC. Use control panel and sounds.

        73 David

        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2014
          Or use a second sound card for the DVK.

          73,

          ... Joe, W4TV

          On 5/12/2014 11:32 AM, 'David G3YYD' g3yyd@... [N1MMLogger]
          wrote:
          > Turn off all sounds on PC. Use control panel and sounds.
          >
          > 73 David

        • Carol Richards
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2014

            Joe,

            I can't turn of the sounds in the computer or the rigblaster won't work. I tried muting the internal sound card.

            Carol
            > Turn off all sounds on PC. Use control panel and sounds.
            >
            > 73 David

          • rich_ve3ki
            Message 5 of 6 , May 12, 2014
              You can disable Windows sounds (the various dings and bloops that Windows uses to tell you when something has happened) without muting the sound card. In Windows 7, go to the Control Panel, click on Sounds, select the Sound tab, and for the Sound Scheme, instead of Windows Default pick No Sounds.

              Another solution is to use two separate sound cards, e.g. one on the motherboard and one externally, whether it's a codec built into a radio or a digital interface or a USB sound card. Select the motherboard sound card as the Windows default, which Windows will use for its sounds and media player software will use to play music and other audio files, and set your amateur radio software (N1MM Logger, MMTTY, etc.) to use the outboard sound card, not the default.

              73,
              Rich VE3KI
            • Carol Richards
              Message 6 of 6 , May 12, 2014