Stored Message Wav Files

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2014
      Been having a blast setting N1MM up here for the Club Field day.

      Been Playing with the stored message like F1 a CQ  etc.

      Making the various different "Operator" messages, It's cool how it switches to the different wav files for each operator.

      Now say I WB9SBD have a complete set of wav files up & running the CQ the exchange the thank you etc. Ya know all the buttons set and ready.

      OK,  How does one stop playing them if for some reason you want to stop using them?

      I'm suspecting you have to un check the ESM box Correct?

      Joe WB9SBD
      --
      Sig
      The Original Rolling Ball Clock
      Message 2 of 10 , May 12, 2014
        Yes, if you uncheck ESM the Enter key will not play function key messages. Of course, you also have to avoid hitting any of the function keys if you have voice messages loaded into them that you don't want to use for some reason.

        73,
        Rich VE3KI

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 10 , May 12, 2014
          OK
          That  answered.  Now how what do I uncheck to not want it to say the individual letter wav files.

          I made the program CQ, I entered the calling stations call and hit enter, But it never got to sending the canned exchange it got stuck on the missing "Kilo" wave file.  How do i make it send all the F key info's but not the seperate letters?

          Message 4 of 10 , May 12, 2014
            If you don't want to use individual letters and numbers to voice call signs and serial numbers, do not use the !, #, *, {CALL}, {MYCALL} or {EXCH} macros. These macros will be expanded by the program into the individual letter/number wav files. Instead, program wav files with the parts of your messages that don't change between contacts, and use your microphone to speak the parts that change from one contact to the next. You can use the built-in Empty.wav file in any function keys that you want to leave blank.

            To pick an example: In the Sweepstakes, if you called me, my full exchange to you would be: WB9SBD 123 B VE3KI 78 ONE. What I could do is record the "B VE3KI 78 ONE" (actually, the equivalent in phonetics) into my Exch.wav file. My F5 message would contain Empty.wav. My F2 message would contain the path to my Exch.wav file. When I am sending my exchange to you, I would say your call sign and the serial number into the microphone, then I would press Enter to have the computer send the rest (i.e. my Exch.wav file).

            See <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Using+Stored+Messages+in+Contests+-+and+the+Function+Key+Message+Editor&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation#SSB_Function_Keys> for more on this.

            73,
            Rich VE3KI
          • nssdz
            Message 5 of 10 , May 12, 2014
              Hmmm,

              This is what is in the first two slots on Run mode

              F1 CQ,wav\{OPERATOR}\CQ.wav
              F2 Exch,wav\{OPERATOR}\Exchange.wav

              If I hit them by mouse or F key they play fine, but say i do a mock qso I hit F1 it CQ'sd I enter a call say K9XYZ and simulate pressing a foot switch and saying K9XYZ then hit enter, and nothing happens because it tries to play a K wav file

              so where is it making it do this?

              Joe WB9SBD
            • rich_ve3ki
              Message 6 of 10 , May 12, 2014
                If you are pressing Enter, you are relying on ESM. ESM sends both F5 and F2 when you are the CQing station sending the exchange (see the ESM section in the manual). I'd guess that you have a ! macro in F5. Change the contents of F5 to Empty.wav and see what happens.

                73,
                Rich VE3KI

              • Joe

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 12, 2014
                    Hi all
                    Anyone using N1MM with TS-990 connected to computer via USB port ?
                    Need help on configuation please !
                    Thanks + 73
                    Paul F6EXV

                    ---
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 12, 2014

                      Joe,

                      F1 and F2 look ok.  In your F5 message, put a single blank space in as its “message”. Turn ESM on and try the steps you describe below.  When the station answers your F1 CQ,  speak his call sign and hit Enter.  The ESM will send the F2 message but skips the F5 message because of the single blank space.  Now you can type his exchange, hit Enter, sending F3 and logging the QSO.

                      73, Ted W4NZ

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 13, 2014
                        Paul,

                        The USB port driver should create a virtual COM port. The Advanced properties of that driver should allow you to specify a COM port number of 8 or less. Use that COM port to configure the radio.

                        Anyone using N1MM with TS-990 connected to computer via USB port ?
                        Need help on configuation please !
                        Thanks + 73
                        Paul F6EXV

                        ---
                        Ce courrier �lectronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la protection avast! Antivirus est active.

                        Yahoo Groups Links