Error Message Setting Up for CW RR

  • william.lifsey
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013
      I created a new log for the ARRL CW Rookie Roundup.  Every time I open the log, and with each test log entry I make I get an error message:

      N1MM Logger V13.12.1 12/22/2013 00:08:25 - EntryWindow(NextAnyTab) - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set

      I submitted a bug report earlier this week, and probably should have ranked it as a "major" problem, rather than "minor".  I submitted as minor, as it doesn't seem to affect the scoring.  It is, however, extremely annoying to have to clear off the error message each time a log entry is made.

      Anyone have a suggestion?  I have no idea what "variable" may not be set, I've configured everything the same as I do with other contests.  Maybe something to do with the exchange having multiple values?
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013

        Are there any other programs running on your computer that use com ports when N1MM is started?

        Try renaming the N1MM Logger.ini file and see if the error goes away when the program is restarted.  If it does, you have a configuration error.

        73, Ted W4NZ

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013
          Same problem here. Using same .mc file I used a year ago.

          I opened my latest CWOPS log and added a few contacts with no issues.

          V13.10.01. Wanted to revert to 12.12.01 which I used for Rookie Roundup CW last year, but couldn't find it on website. Did revert to 13.01.00 and got same error message.

          73,

          Hank, W6SX

          On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 12:16 AM, <william.lifsey@...> wrote:

          I created a new log for the ARRL CW Rookie Roundup.  Every time I open the log, and with each test log entry I make I get an error message:

          N1MM Logger V13.12.1 12/22/2013 00:08:25 - EntryWindow(NextAnyTab) - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set

          I submitted a bug report earlier this week, and probably should have ranked it as a "major" problem, rather than "minor".  I submitted as minor, as it doesn't seem to affect the scoring.  It is, however, extremely annoying to have to clear off the error message each time a log entry is made.

          Anyone have a suggestion?  I have no idea what "variable" may not be set, I've configured everything the same as I do with other contests.  Maybe something to do with the exchange having multiple values?

        • John Bednar
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013
            Using the latest program version, I opened a ARRL RR CW log (RRCW), logged a
            dummy contact, and there are no errors.

            Is something in your .mc file causing the error?

            John, K3CT

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013
              Renaming the .ini file worked - until I reconfigured the station.  Error message returned.  If I switch to another log, or create a new log for a contest other than RRCW no error message appears.  I'm only getting the error with RRCW.

              73, Bill, AB3TM
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013

                Do it again, Bill, except this time only make one config change at a time until you find the one causing the error.

                Btw, not seeing any error in v13.12.1.

                73, Ted W4NZ

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013

                  In my case, the error messages occur when I have the Digital Interface Window open. If Digital Interface Window is closed, no problem.

                  This I find strange. Generally in CW-only contests, for instance CWOPS, I have Digital Interface Window open because, with my kaput hearing, I use the
                  FFT as a CW tuning aid. Has worked fine in every contest before CW Rookie Roundup today.

                  Oh well, guess I will have to get by without the tuning aid.

                  73,

                  Hank, W6SX
                • rich_ve3ki
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013
                    Hank,

                    You could open a digital program stand-alone with no connection to or control by the Logger and use its FFT display as a tuning aid.

                    73,
                    Rich VE3KI
                  • Hank Garretson
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013
                      Thanks for the suggestion Rich. But won't work for me. MMTTY FFT won't cover my 800 kHz pitch. So, have to use 2Tone which doesn't work standalone.

                      No big deal for Rookie Roundup.

                      2Tone FFT works wonders for my kaput ears in all other CW contests.

                      I've looked with no success for a standalone CW tuning aid. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

                      73,

                      Hank, W6SX

                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 21, 2013
                        My problem does seem to be tied to having the digital interface window open.  I use Fldigi and a SignaLink USB as my keyer.  N1MM won't key a SiganLink with the function keys directly, so I need the digital interface open.  I think I will just have to tolerate clicking the cancel button after each QSO rather than make the rest of the ops suffer my 3 WPM calls and exchanges.

                        73, Bill, AB3TM

                      • rich_ve3ki
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 22, 2013

                          Hank, I believe Fldigi would do what you are looking for. Its waterfall/spectrum display covers CW pitches, and it can be run standalone.

                          73,

                          Rich VE3KI

                        • Steve London
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 22, 2013
                            Using Fldigi as your CW keyer is not a supported configuration with N1MM
                            Logger.

                            Please use one of the many other options for CW described in the manual.

                            73,
                            Steve, N2IC

                            On 12/21/2013 10:04 PM, william.lifsey@... wrote:

                            > My problem does seem to be tied to having the digital interface window
                            > open. I use Fldigi and a SignaLink USB as my keyer. N1MM won't key a
                            > SiganLink with the function keys directly, so I need the digital
                            > interface open. I think I will just have to tolerate clicking the cancel
                            > button after each QSO rather than make the rest of the ops suffer my 3
                            > WPM calls and exchanges.
                            >

                            > 73, Bill, AB3TM

                          • Hank Garretson
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 22, 2013
                              Thanks Rich. I will try it.

                              73,

                              Hank, W6SX

                              On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 5:21 AM, <ve3ki@...> wrote:

                              Hank, I believe Fldigi would do what you are looking for. Its waterfall/spectrum display covers CW pitches, and it can be run standalone.

                              73,

                              Rich VE3KI

                            • Bill Lifsey
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 22, 2013
                                Neither is using a SignaLink. But, it has worked perfectly until setting up RRCW.