Re: [N1MM] M/M serial number question

  • adolfo merchant delgadillo
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013
      Gracias Steve, pero yo, ya soy viejo  y anciano ,no entiendo el ingles,

      Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 4:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [N1MM] M/M serial number question

      I'm still not sure it is working as it should, when running a second rig on the same band.  It does  'no harm', but still works weird.

      73 de Steve, NR4M

      On Oct 7, 2013, at 14:22, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:

      Actually 2 different things happen, depending on whether you are in Run or S&P mode.  In S&P, the number is not reserved until you space out of the callsign field, in order to let you check on whether you've worked someone without reserving the number.  In Run mode, it is reserved - and shows up in the Extry Window - as soon as you begin to enter the callsign.  This is done specifically because people running on SSB will often start to speak as they are entering the call, so they need to know the number earlier.  Alt + W unreserves the number in either case.
      73, Pete N4ZR
      Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
      http://reversebeacon.net,
      blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
      For spots, please go to your favorite
      ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

      On 10/7/2013 11:33 AM, k4xu.1268@... wrote:

      Or specifically, it is reserved as soon as you space out of the callsign block. Some of our less experienced phone ops experienced this in CQP this weekend. Once this bit was understood, we had no issues at K6M, a 3 TX M/M County Expedition. N1MM's network was flawless.

      Dick, K4XU

      ---In n1mmlogger@yahoogroups.com, <n2ic@...> wrote:

      I don't think this will happen in Run mode using ESM. The serial number
      is reserved as soon as the callsign is entered.

      73,
      Steve, N2IC

      On 10/02/2013 11:14 PM, Dick Frey wrote:

      > For M/M we have QSO number by band. When we have two stations on the
      > same band, one on CW and another on SSB, we have serial number
      > contention. The CW station will steal the SSB station's number if he
      > delays any between loging the qso data and hitting Enter. Once the
      > mistake is made, it cannot be corrected.
      > Is there a QSO by band/mode?
      > If not, what's the approved method of avoiding mis-reporting the QSO number?
      >
      > --
      > Dick - K4XU for the K6M Modoc County Expedition

    • Pete Smith N4ZR
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2013
        Ah, now *that* is a case I'm fairly sure we haven't worked through.  Steve?