RE: [N1MM] Data bases

  • Tommy
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
      I have all ADI files from 2011 and 2012 uploaded to LOTW using 'Export ADIF
      to File by Date'. With the same export file in v 13.9.1, I tried the
      'Export..' three times, using a start date of 2013-01-03 and then varying
      the start date by a few days, I can only get one contest ADI file to Export.
      (each new year I open a new database and label it with the year.mdb) Would
      someone please try the 'Export ADIF to File by Date' and see if there is a
      bug or the bug is with this user? The export file worked fine for the last
      two years.

      N1MM v 13.09.01

      PC running Win 8 64-bit, 12 GB RAM 250 GB SSD, 2TB Segate, CPU 3.8 gHz

      Thanks and 73,

      Tom - W4BQF

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
        Tom,

        Try using the most recent date on your QSOs. I had some early ones I needed
        to upload to LoTW and that is what worked for me. I hope this helps.

        73,
        Jim, W4NFT

        >I have all ADI files from 2011 and 2012 uploaded to LOTW using 'Export ADIF
        > to File by Date'. With the same export file in v 13.9.1, I tried the
        > 'Export..' three times, using a start date of 2013-01-03 and then varying
        > the start date by a few days, I can only get one contest ADI file to
        > Export.
        > (each new year I open a new database and label it with the year.mdb)
        > Would
        > someone please try the 'Export ADIF to File by Date' and see if there is a
        > bug or the bug is with this user? The export file worked fine for the last
        > two years.
        >

        > N1MM v 13.09.01
        >
        > PC running Win 8 64-bit, 12 GB RAM 250 GB SSD, 2TB Segate, CPU 3.8 gHz
        >

        > Thanks and 73,
        >
        > Tom - W4BQF

      • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
          Tom,

          There are two "by date" choices for ADIF export. The first will only export
          from the current contest; the second will report from all contests in the
          database. I just tested both choices using v13.09.01. Both worked as
          expected.

          Are you sure you chose the option "from ALL contests..."?

          -larry (K8UT)

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
            Thanks Larry!

            Yes, I am pretty sure I chose the option 'from all contest...' but I am
            finding out at age 75 some of my brain cells seem to have gotten misplaced.
            So, since you confirmed it does work correct, I am going to go and try it
            again. I will let you know how it works out.

            Tom - W4BQF

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 3, 2013
                Jim, I apologize for not responding to your email but I got bogged down in
                Win 8 issues!

                What I was trying to do was collect all ADI files for all contest in which I
                participated, into one file for submission to LOTW. I now have that working
                OK, but I have some very strange file issues from operating Win 8 from
                within N1MM.

                Thanks for your advice Jim and 73,

                Tom - W4BQF

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 4, 2013
                  Larry,

                  FYI...

                  I went back through the export process and was able to get 'Export ADIF to
                  File by Date from All contest' to work properly.

                  But then I ran into a Windows 8 issue! In N1MM, after completing the
                  'Export.....' process you are asked to save the file. I have a 'TQSL'
                  directory on my PC, with sub-directories for various items such as 'ADI
                  files for 2011', etc. From within N1MM I made a new sub-directory and named
                  it 'ADI files for 2013' and saved my file, named '2013 contest ADI' in that
                  sub-directory. I then exited N1MM and from the desktop I went to my 'TQSL'
                  directory and discovered no 'ADI files for 2013' sub-directory and thus no
                  saved '2013 contest ADI' file. If I go back into N1MM and open my 'TQSL'
                  directory, these sub-directories and files show up, but outside of N1MM they
                  do not appear!! I checked my entire C:\ drive and my Win 8 User directories
                  and these do not show up. My solution to this Win 8 issue is while in N1MM
                  and having my TQSL directory open, to save the exported file into a
                  directory already available in Win 8 C:\ drive and generated before running
                  N1MM, that works! Last year, when running with Win 7 64-bit, I did not have
                  this problem.

                  Thanks for your help Larry and 73,

                  Tom - W4BQF

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2013
                    I am not on Win8 yet, but your description sounds like the caching "feature"
                    in Windows wherein the O/S does not know about directory changes that occur
                    outside its purview.

                    You might be able to hit >View >Refresh (or F5) in Explorer and have it show
                    up.

                    -larry (K8UT)