Data bases

  • ken chandler
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
      hi All
      I'm trying to separate 2 calls from the N1MM data bases, ie my own call and my contest callsign M3i
      I thought I had achieved it until my QSL manager told me I had M3i calls in with my own G0ORH.adi file.
      Can someone point me in the right direction so I can find all my M3i logs and G0ORH logs and upload the correct adi files to my manager!!
      Any help would be appreciated.

      regards

      Ken..G0ORH - M3i
      Sent from my iPhone 4s
    • Pete Smith N4ZR
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
        Hi Ken - From your description, I assume that you are using a single database for contests using either call.  In that case, Export ADIF to File and Export ADIF to File by Date will produce ADIF only of the current contest, while Export ADIF to File by Date from All Contests may contain QSOs with both your calls, if contests using both were within the date range.

        If that's your situation, probably the best way to manage this for past contests is to do your exports by opening each contest, and then exporting only that contest's
        QSOs to an ADIF file.  For the future, you may wish to consider setting up separate databases under each call, and selecting the appropriate database befopre setting up the contest.

        Larry, K8UT has done an excellent short video on logs and databases at the N1MM Logger website at <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Video+-+Databases+%26+Logs#Video_Databases_Logs>.  You may be well past its level, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.
        73, Pete N4ZR
        Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
        http://reversebeacon.net,
        blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
        For spots, please go to your favorite
        ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

        On 10/1/2013 9:41 AM, ken chandler wrote:
        hi All
        I'm trying to separate 2 calls from the N1MM data bases, ie my own call and my contest callsign M3i
        I thought I had achieved it until my QSL manager told me I had M3i calls in with my own G0ORH.adi file.
        Can someone point me in the right direction so I can find all my M3i logs and G0ORH logs and upload the correct adi files to my manager!!
        Any help would be appreciated.

        regards

        Ken..G0ORH - M3i
        Sent from my iPhone 4s

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            N1MMLogger-digest@yahoogroups.com
            N1MMLogger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Tommy
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
          I have all ADI files from 2011 and 2012 uploaded to LOTW using 'Export ADIF
          to File by Date'. With the same export file in v 13.9.1, I tried the
          'Export..' three times, using a start date of 2013-01-03 and then varying
          the start date by a few days, I can only get one contest ADI file to Export.
          (each new year I open a new database and label it with the year.mdb) Would
          someone please try the 'Export ADIF to File by Date' and see if there is a
          bug or the bug is with this user? The export file worked fine for the last
          two years.

          N1MM v 13.09.01

          PC running Win 8 64-bit, 12 GB RAM 250 GB SSD, 2TB Segate, CPU 3.8 gHz

          Thanks and 73,

          Tom - W4BQF

[...]

          <mailto:N1MMLogger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com>

        • James McKellips
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
            Tom,

            Try using the most recent date on your QSOs. I had some early ones I needed
            to upload to LoTW and that is what worked for me. I hope this helps.

            73,
            Jim, W4NFT

            >I have all ADI files from 2011 and 2012 uploaded to LOTW using 'Export ADIF
            > to File by Date'. With the same export file in v 13.9.1, I tried the
            > 'Export..' three times, using a start date of 2013-01-03 and then varying
            > the start date by a few days, I can only get one contest ADI file to
            > Export.
            > (each new year I open a new database and label it with the year.mdb)
            > Would
            > someone please try the 'Export ADIF to File by Date' and see if there is a
            > bug or the bug is with this user? The export file worked fine for the last
            > two years.
            >

            > N1MM v 13.09.01
            >
            > PC running Win 8 64-bit, 12 GB RAM 250 GB SSD, 2TB Segate, CPU 3.8 gHz
            >

            > Thanks and 73,
            >
            > Tom - W4BQF

          • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
              Tom,

              There are two "by date" choices for ADIF export. The first will only export
              from the current contest; the second will report from all contests in the
              database. I just tested both choices using v13.09.01. Both worked as
              expected.

              Are you sure you chose the option "from ALL contests..."?

              -larry (K8UT)

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 1, 2013
                Thanks Larry!

                Yes, I am pretty sure I chose the option 'from all contest...' but I am
                finding out at age 75 some of my brain cells seem to have gotten misplaced.
                So, since you confirmed it does work correct, I am going to go and try it
                again. I will let you know how it works out.

                Tom - W4BQF

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 3, 2013
                    Jim, I apologize for not responding to your email but I got bogged down in
                    Win 8 issues!

                    What I was trying to do was collect all ADI files for all contest in which I
                    participated, into one file for submission to LOTW. I now have that working
                    OK, but I have some very strange file issues from operating Win 8 from
                    within N1MM.

                    Thanks for your advice Jim and 73,

                    Tom - W4BQF

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 4, 2013
                      Larry,

                      FYI...

                      I went back through the export process and was able to get 'Export ADIF to
                      File by Date from All contest' to work properly.

                      But then I ran into a Windows 8 issue! In N1MM, after completing the
                      'Export.....' process you are asked to save the file. I have a 'TQSL'
                      directory on my PC, with sub-directories for various items such as 'ADI
                      files for 2011', etc. From within N1MM I made a new sub-directory and named
                      it 'ADI files for 2013' and saved my file, named '2013 contest ADI' in that
                      sub-directory. I then exited N1MM and from the desktop I went to my 'TQSL'
                      directory and discovered no 'ADI files for 2013' sub-directory and thus no
                      saved '2013 contest ADI' file. If I go back into N1MM and open my 'TQSL'
                      directory, these sub-directories and files show up, but outside of N1MM they
                      do not appear!! I checked my entire C:\ drive and my Win 8 User directories
                      and these do not show up. My solution to this Win 8 issue is while in N1MM
                      and having my TQSL directory open, to save the exported file into a
                      directory already available in Win 8 C:\ drive and generated before running
                      N1MM, that works! Last year, when running with Win 7 64-bit, I did not have
                      this problem.

                      Thanks for your help Larry and 73,

                      Tom - W4BQF

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 4, 2013
                        I am not on Win8 yet, but your description sounds like the caching "feature"
                        in Windows wherein the O/S does not know about directory changes that occur
                        outside its purview.

                        You might be able to hit >View >Refresh (or F5) in Explorer and have it show
                        up.

                        -larry (K8UT)