Re: [N1MM] Microham MK2R+ "PTT flutter" when using dualing CQ

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2013
      Open the "MON" window on the Control port and see what N1MM is sending
      to MK2R+. MK2R+ does not change focus autonomously - it must be
      commanded by something.

      Make sure you are not using "Command" (CAT) PTT for either radio and
      have only RTS on MMTTY's FSK port and WinKey defined for PTT.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

      On 9/26/2013 9:33 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
      > Saw something a bit odd today on the CQ RTTY contest warmup tonight.
      >
      > With dualing CQ, the MK2R would “flutter� (jumping the PTT between rigs very fast) for just for a fraction of a second - before firing the next CQ off. Most of the time, it would then go to the correct rig and start CQ. But in say 25% of the cases, it would kick off the CQ on the rig it just had run CQ on.
      >
      > Adding 1S to the delay in So2r N1MM helped. But you could see it flitter each time. IÂ’m going to fiddle with more of the settings (between N1MM and the MK2R+, there are many!) to try to see whatÂ’s the issue. The system works perfectly in all other instances.
      >
      > Wonder if I have a setting incorrect somewhere along the way?
      >
      > 73/jeff/ac0c
      > www.ac0c.com
      > alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

    • Jeff Blaine
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2013
        Joe,

        Thanks. It's an AFSK setup. Does that change the instructions?

        73/jeff/ac0c
        www.ac0c.com
        alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

        Open the "MON" window on the Control port and see what N1MM is sending
        to MK2R+. MK2R+ does not change focus autonomously - it must be
        commanded by something.

        Make sure you are not using "Command" (CAT) PTT for either radio and
        have only RTS on MMTTY's FSK port and WinKey defined for PTT.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

        On 9/26/2013 9:33 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
        > Saw something a bit odd today on the CQ RTTY contest warmup tonight.
        >
        > With dualing CQ, the MK2R would “flutter” (jumping the PTT between rigs
        > very fast) for just for a fraction of a second - before firing the next CQ
        > off. Most of the time, it would then go to the correct rig and start CQ.
        > But in say 25% of the cases, it would kick off the CQ on the rig it just
        > had run CQ on.
        >
        > Adding 1S to the delay in So2r N1MM helped. But you could see it flitter
        > each time. I’m going to fiddle with more of the settings (between N1MM
        > and the MK2R+, there are many!) to try to see what’s the issue. The
        > system works perfectly in all other instances.
        >
        > Wonder if I have a setting incorrect somewhere along the way?
        >
        > 73/jeff/ac0c
        > www.ac0c.com
        > alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

      • Joe Subich, W4TV
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2013
          Not in the least - *never* use "Command PTT" with any microHAM
          interface. N1MM Logger will use the WinKey PTT if it is defined
          otherwise it will use RTS on the CAT port or RTS on the CW/OTHER
          port if defined. The only source of Focus control should be
          N1MM on the CONTROL port

          Please review *and follow* the example configuration for MK2R+ and
          N1MM available in the MK2R area at www.microHAM-USA.com/support.html.

          73,

          ... Joe, W4TV