Re: [N1MM] Hang of TX

  • Rod Greene
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 23, 2013
      Sri about the fonts. I had sent that message from my iPad...... Anyway, the program is called "What's Running". It may be worth a try using it see what is going on with your system when you have the problem.

      73, Rod/w7zrc

      Message 2 of 22 , Sep 23, 2013
        Just for clarification, Rex, is the delay in logging the contact, or
        sending the CW "TU" message ?

        73,
        Steve, N2IC

        On 09/23/2013 11:35 AM, Rex Maner wrote:
        > I have NO clue as to auto hot key ? I use Team Viewer with my son in California and he brought up N1MM and it shows TOTAL saturation for 2 or 3 seconds then the info is sent , Normally just TU K7QQ then {LOG} command , with either the “ / ‘ key or by hitting the F3 plus the Enter key.
        >

        > Rex k7qq

      • Rex Maner
        Message 3 of 22 , Sep 23, 2013

          Steve  the Delay would occur with any of the ( RST KITS )   or the TU /k7qq   or   Enter  key if I got quick on the F3 + Enter key.

          Rex

          Just for clarification, Rex, is the delay in logging the contact, or
          sending the CW "TU" message ?

          73,
          Steve, N2IC

          On 09/23/2013 11:35 AM, Rex Maner wrote:
          > I have NO clue as to auto hot key ? I use Team Viewer with my son in California and he brought up N1MM and it shows TOTAL saturation for 2 or 3 seconds then the info is sent , Normally just TU K7QQ then {LOG} command , with either the “ / ‘ key or by hitting the F3 plus the Enter key.
          >

          > Rex k7qq

        • liliesgalore
          Message 4 of 22 , Sep 24, 2013

            FWIW, I had a similar issue a while back, so I changed "log" to come first, then "tu ve9aa" later (on the same F key) and my latency issues were resolved.

          • Rex Maner
            Message 5 of 22 , Sep 24, 2013

              Steve

              Not sure I answered this question,  The hang up seems to come at anytime when logging with either the F2- F3 with the : an “ keys.  Also I tried using just the    F2 to send His call and exchange msg  then the ( F3 to send  TU K7QQ msg , once this finished and it went back to RX I would hit the Enter key.  If I got in  too much of a hurry I had lock-up occur but usually not if I waited for the F3 msg to finish before hitting enter.

              Rex

              (((   I sent this on a different E-mail this morning. )))

              Steve / Gary /

              I spent about 4 hours last evening on Team-viewer with my son trying to pin down this problem , He also downloaded  ( Whats Running ) and ran many test etc there to no success. He turned off Kingsoft anti Virus Progam) and just about everything else on the computer.

              At times I would run 4 or 5 contacts on either 10 or 15 meters that acted OK then would switch to the other band and have a hang on the 1st contact on that band.

              My head has a hole in it from banging it on the wall and I think my Boy is having some similar problems. I do have a Laptop with Win 7 that I'm going to attempt to connect but I am using on this machine a DB9 port for CAT. And using the LPT for CW , I will have to do a complete install on the laptop and then current up-dates.

              Rex

              FWIW, I had a similar issue a while back, so I changed "log" to come first, then "tu ve9aa" later (on the same F key) and my latency issues were resolved.

              ---In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, <n1mmlogger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Just for clarification, Rex, is the delay in logging the contact, or
              sending the CW "TU" message ?

              73,
              Steve, N2IC

              On 09/23/2013 11:35 AM, Rex Maner wrote:

              > I have NO clue as to auto hot key ? I use Team Viewer with my son in California and he brought up N1MM and it shows TOTAL saturation for 2 or 3 seconds then the info is sent , Normally just TU K7QQ then {LOG} command , with either the “ / ‘ key or by hitting the F3 plus the Enter key.
              >

              > Rex k7qq

            • Pete Smith N4ZR
              Message 6 of 22 , Sep 24, 2013
                Rex, by "total saturation", do you mean that it reports 100 percent CPU usage? Can you post the contents of your Run and S&P F2 - F5 keys?  I suspect there may be something in there to explain it.
                73, Pete N4ZR
                Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
                http://reversebeacon.net,
                blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
                For spots, please go to your favorite
                ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

                On 9/23/2013 1:35 PM, Rex Maner wrote:
[...]

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    N1MMLogger-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    N1MMLogger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              • Rex Maner
                Message 7 of 22 , Sep 24, 2013

                  Pete

                  What I’m seeing as the operator is that on occasion I press the F2 key and maybe it just sends his call then, freezes for 2 or 3 sec then sends the remaining part of the message.  Also the same things happens with F3 key,  or I have had it happen when I just send the   F3 and hit the Enter key as the F3 data is being sent.

                  I don’t know how my son got the spot where it shows total freeze for those few seconds.  Somewhere hidden in Computer /something ???

                  I can copy some CW but this stuff is worse than GREEK ??

                  I’m available via Land Line now  253-851-4937

                  Quack

                    Message 9 of 22 , Sep 24, 2013

                      OK Pete

                      Well I am at a bad spot now because I tried and did download the N1MM program from the N1MM site to a memory stick.  I got the download just fine , but someway I screwed up something because now I can only get the  Start screen to come up and then up pops a screen that wants to know if I want to submit and error report.

                      I click NO box and I get the same thing back again, The only way I can get the N1MM start screen of the monitor is to do a re-start ?

                      So  my choice now is to try and get some guidance before I do a total new install over the Old program I have running  .

                      I have the latest up-date and this opening window says Ver. 13.9.1  , but that is a far as I get,

                      Rex

                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 25, 2013

                          Rex,

                          First off, thanks for the Q's this past weekend in the Salmon run.

                          Did you try my suggestion to have the {LOG} macro appear first on your

                          F3 key, then, afterwards, "TU K7QQ"

                          If you did, I apologize  - I may have missed it.

                          When I first started using N1MM, I used to use 2 keys, F3 (TU VE9AA) and then the enter key to log.  It stuttered real badly exactly the way you describe.

                          When I programmed the F3 key to do "TU VE9AA {log}, same thing.\

                          \

                          When I programmed the F3 key as {LOG} TU VE9AA, all was well in the world.

                          Giver' a shot and GL !

                          Mike VE9AA

                          Message 12 of 22 , Sep 25, 2013

                            I might have missed the comment on {LOG} however the problem seems to be a bit bigger,  I’ve had that issue on  RTTY with the  LOG macro, Thanks for the reminder.

                            I did a complete reload that didn’t fix the problem and Pete  N4ZR  and K6LL Dave have been working with me to try and get the problems resolved.    I think it’s a bit late now but Think that Pete will connect tomorrow on (Team Viewer) to take a look.

                            Agn  Thinks for the heads up

                            Message 13 of 22 , Sep 26, 2013

                              OK Rex. Sorry that {LOG} didn't sort it, but sounds like you are in good hands.

                              I didn't see too many others weighing in on your hang-tx thread, so thought I would dump my 2 c in, in case it might helped.

                              I've been helped by others here many times and out of the blue sometimes someone will have the solution to get me through the contest or whatever.

                              I wish you luck Quack Quack!

                              Mike (ve9) EH! EH!

                              Message 14 of 22 , Sep 26, 2013

                                Mike

                                I have to say that Pete N4ZR  went to extra ordinary efforts to get this thing strait.  I think he was on Team viewer for over 5 hours and I’m sure he was digging the rest of N1MM authors.

                                One hell of a guy and effort.  I feel that it s fixed but  I think I can find  my shot gun , This will be a dead Putter.

                                Rex K7QQ