VHF Rover Support

  • Donald M. Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4 3:44 PM

      Love the program but hate having to use an inferior program as a rover in VHF contests – are there any plans to code a VHF rover module?

      Don, NL7CO

    • VE9AA Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4 6:03 PM
        If you select "ROVER" as your class, N1MM will work for VHF Rovers.
        I have personally used it as a Rover in HF QSO parties where I am hopping from county to county and I'll assume they did a good job when they wrote the documentation for Rovers.

        http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=VHF+and+Up+contesting

        "Use, FIND, search for the word "ROVER"

        Or-----is there a particular issue you are having when being a Rover in a contest that you need addressed? (your post was rather short)

        Mike VE9AA

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Donald M. Ross" <N12614@...> wrote:

        > Love the program but hate having to use an inferior program as a rover in
        > VHF contests - are there any plans to code a VHF rover module?
        >

        > Don, NL7CO

      • Donald M. Ross
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4 6:11 PM
          Sorry guys, I guess I wasn't very clear. N1MM does have rover features, but
          lacks the most important one:

          In 2.1.4.4 Setup VHF and Up Contests - CW and SSB, the manual states:

          "The score for Rover stations is not being calculated by the program!"

          Don, NL7CO

          If you select "ROVER" as your class, N1MM will work for VHF Rovers.
          I have personally used it as a Rover in HF QSO parties where I am hopping
          from county to county and I'll assume they did a good job when they wrote
          the documentation for Rovers.

          http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=VHF+and+Up+contesting

          "Use, FIND, search for the word "ROVER"

          Or-----is there a particular issue you are having when being a Rover in a
          contest that you need addressed? (your post was rather short)

          Mike VE9AA

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Donald M. Ross" <N12614@...> wrote:

          > Love the program but hate having to use an inferior program as a rover
          > in VHF contests - are there any plans to code a VHF rover module?
          >

          > Don, NL7CO

        • VE9AA Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4 6:52 PM
            Hi Don,

            Well...I know it scores the HF QSO parties Rovers correctly, but can't speak specifically to VHF ROvers calculated scores. I just don't know. (maybe that's an old comment, or maybe it really does not calculate a score?)
            I *CAN* say, that because I love this program so much, there is no way that I would let that stop me from using it. The contest organizer(ARRL/CQ/Whomever), if he has your proper Cabrillo file, will calculate the score for you.

            I'll let the programmers speak to your concerns.

            GL !