Editing {EXCHG}

  • jim_k2qb
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
      OK I have looked and admit I can't find it in the documentation. How do you get back to the Set Up screen once a contest is in progress to edit the {EXCHG} macro?
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
        Jim,

        From the menu at the top of the Entry window... File->Open Log in database,
        edit the information in the Sent Exchange window.

        But be aware that this window also controls what is printed for the Sent
        Exchange in the Cabrillo log in addition to being used for the{EXCH} macro.
        If it was set up correctly before the contest started there should be no
        need to edit it during the contest.

        Rather than using the {EXCH} macro in any of the F-keys, consider just
        typing into the F-key definition exactly what you want to send. This makes
        it MUCH easier to edit a message (right-click on any F-key button) and you
        do not risk messing up the Cabrillo log generation.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
          Thanks Ted. What if I am using ESM? I thought that always sends the {EXCHG} macro? All I am looking to do is eliminate the "K" at the end of my CW exchange to help speed things up.

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@...> wrote:

          > Jim,
          >
          > From the menu at the top of the Entry window... File->Open Log in database,
          > edit the information in the Sent Exchange window.
          >
          > But be aware that this window also controls what is printed for the Sent
          > Exchange in the Cabrillo log in addition to being used for the{EXCH} macro.
          > If it was set up correctly before the contest started there should be no
          > need to edit it during the contest.
          >
          > Rather than using the {EXCH} macro in any of the F-keys, consider just
          > typing into the F-key definition exactly what you want to send. This makes
          > it MUCH easier to edit a message (right-click on any F-key button) and you
          > do not risk messing up the Cabrillo log generation.
          >
          > 73, Ted W4NZ

        • iain macdonnell - N6ML
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
            ESM sends combinations of function-key messages. For the exchange step, it
            sends the "His Call Key" (as defined on the "Function Keys" tab of the
            Configurer - usually F5) followed by the "Exchange Key" (usually F2).

            73,

            ~iain / N6ML

            On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM, jim_k2qb <k2qb@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Thanks Ted. What if I am using ESM? I thought that always sends the
            > {EXCHG} macro? All I am looking to do is eliminate the "K" at the end of my
            > CW exchange to help speed things up.
            >
            > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Jim,
            > >
            > > From the menu at the top of the Entry window... File->Open Log in
            > database,
            > > edit the information in the Sent Exchange window.
            > >
            > > But be aware that this window also controls what is printed for the Sent
            > > Exchange in the Cabrillo log in addition to being used for the{EXCH}
            > macro.
            > > If it was set up correctly before the contest started there should be no
            > > need to edit it during the contest.
            > >
            > > Rather than using the {EXCH} macro in any of the F-keys, consider just
            > > typing into the F-key definition exactly what you want to send. This
            > makes
            > > it MUCH easier to edit a message (right-click on any F-key button) and
            > you
            > > do not risk messing up the Cabrillo log generation.
            > >
            > > 73, Ted W4NZ

          • jim_k2qb
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
              Got it...thanks so much. Definitley a steep learning curve but the program is amazing!!

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 29, 2013
                "... eliminate the "K" at the end of my CW exchange..."

                Jim, right-click on any F-key to open the CW message editor. Find the F-Key
                (Run or S&P F2, maybe?) with the "K" you want to eliminate and delete the K.

                Got it...thanks so much. Definitley a steep learning curve but the program
                is amazing!!

                --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:

                > ESM sends combinations of function-key messages. For the exchange
                > step, it sends the "His Call Key" (as defined on the "Function Keys"
                > tab of the Configurer - usually F5) followed by the "Exchange Key"
                (usually F2).

                > 73,
                >
                > ~iain / N6ML
                >

                > On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM, jim_k2qb <k2qb@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Thanks Ted. What if I am using ESM? I thought that always sends the
                > > {EXCHG} macro? All I am looking to do is eliminate the "K" at the
                > > end of my CW exchange to help speed things up.
                > >
                > > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Bryant" <w4nz@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Jim,
                > > >
                > > > From the menu at the top of the Entry window... File->Open Log in
                > > database,
                > > > edit the information in the Sent Exchange window.
                > > >
                > > > But be aware that this window also controls what is printed for
                > > > the Sent Exchange in the Cabrillo log in addition to being used
                > > > for the{EXCH}
                > > macro.
                > > > If it was set up correctly before the contest started there should
                > > > be no need to edit it during the contest.
                > > >
                > > > Rather than using the {EXCH} macro in any of the F-keys, consider
                > > > just typing into the F-key definition exactly what you want to
                > > > send. This
                > > makes
                > > > it MUCH easier to edit a message (right-click on any F-key button)
                > > > and
                > > you
                > > > do not risk messing up the Cabrillo log generation.
                > > >
                > > > 73, Ted W4NZ

              • jim_k2qb
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 30, 2013
                  Thanks Ted. I actually downloaded the sample CW Function Key file from the N1MM website and tweaked them to my liking. Everything is working to my satisfaction now. Thanks.