problem solved

  • Dick White
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2013
      A few weeks ago I posted a problem with N1MM locking up during a contest.
      My thanks for all the good advice on a fix. However, the problem was not in
      N1MM. Of all the dumb things to happen, I discovered that some of my F keys
      were sticking and locked up the keyboard when I pressed one of them. A new
      keyboard solved the problem. You just never know what might happen. Glad it
      was not N1MM.

      73 Dick kS0M

      Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is the way it is. How you deal
      with it is what counts.

      Richard C. (Dick) White

      Fulton, MO. 65251 U.S.A.

      Amateur Radio Station KS0M

    • KU7Y
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2013
        I had this keyboard in a very dusty area for about 2 months. Several keys
        quit working, some sticking in the down position and some just being
        intermittent. Just for grins I removed all those little screws on the
        bottom, pried off the top and removed the membrane.

        There was lots of dirt in there! I took the key section to the kitchen sink
        and washed the heck out of it using the little spray hose thing. While that
        was drying I blew the circuit board off with air and the same with the
        membrane.

        After letting things dry I put it back together. Works as good as when it
        was new.

        I have since had people tell me that they have taken them apart and put
        everything in a dish washer and had good luck!

        I mention this just in case you happen to have a keyboard you really like
        that no longer works right and is no longer available. Or if your just
        cheap like me!!!

        Not sure how many types of construction there may be and if all of them can
        be cleaned but all you have to loose is a little time and maybe a keyboard
        that doesn't work anyway!

        OK, back in my hole,

        Ron, KU7Y
        SOWP 5545M