Re: [N1MM] Bug in "CQ other"?

  • chaddkn
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5, 2013
      Hi John,

      I don't *think* the Ctrl key is messed up but since you haven't had other reports, I'll dig into it some more tonight -- either determine there's a HW problem or try to find a consistent repro for you.

      Chadd KK7S

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

      > Chadd,
      >
      > 2) No reports. Could your keyboard have an intermittent Ctrl key?
      >
      > John, K3CT
      >
      > On Aug 5, 2013, at 2:14 AM, "chaddkn" <chaddkn@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I use SO2R with dueling CQs quite a bit. I installed the latest N1MM update this past week in preparation for NAQP CW. During the contest I noticed a couple things.
      > >
      > > 1) it looks like someone on the N1MM team optimized the dueling CQ ESM behavior such that hitting enter when radio 1 is in focus will automatically start a dueling CQ on radio 2. This is a great feature. I used to have to hit '\' then 'Enter' and then '\' again in order to launch the CQ on radio 2 but keep radio 1 in focus. Nice work!
      > >
      > > 2) I seem to have hit a bug. While I'm copying an exchange on radio 1 I often want to kick off a CQ on radio 2. BUT, I don't want this to start dueling CQs because I'm in the middle of a QSO on radio 1. I just want one CQ msg to transmit on radio 2. I have always used Ctrl+F1 for this and it has worked fine. And it still does -- about 80% of the time. But the other 20% of the time hitting Ctrl+F1 starts a CQ on radio 1 -- the radio that is in focus (rx & tx) and on which I'm copying an exchange! Talk about QLF. I must have done this at least 30 times in the NAQP. Is this a known bug?
      > >
      > > -Chadd KK7S

    • chaddkn
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5, 2013
        I tested my keyboard and found no problems with either Ctrl or F1 or combinations thereof.

        But after about 15 minutes of trying (by running through a simulation of NAQP with both my K3s in test mode) I have been unable to repro the problem. Weird. Maybe I was just in a bad state and needed to restart the program.

        I just hope it doesn't show up again in the next test or I'm going to be the undisputed king of QLF.

        Chadd KK7S

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2013
          If you "fat finger" the SHIFT key when trying to hit the CONTROL key + F1 it
          will produce the problem you saw - sending a CQ on the active radio right in
          the middle of your QSO.