Re: [N1MM] How to change the start date

  • Marc Domen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
      Bill, I mean editing the log(cbr)file with notepad, not the database.

      73 Marc, ON7SS

      2013/7/24 radio_ng2d <bills_eyepiece@...>

      > **
      >

      > I'm not crazy about fiddling with a database file in an editor. It could
      > be dangerous. Another question is, does the start date really mean anything
      > or is it just for my information? If it dosen't affect anything, then I
      > will leave it alone.
      >
      > Bill
      >
      > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Marc Domen <on7ss.oo9o@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sri, I mean NOTEPAD.
      > >
      > > 73 marc
      > >

      > > 2013/7/24 radio_ng2d <bills_eyepiece@...>
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > How do you change the start date for a contest after the log was
      > created?
      > > >
      > > > Someone asked this once before but got no answer, and I can't seem to
      > find
      > > > anything in the documents.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > Bill

    • bob_naumann
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
        For what purpose?

        The start date is not reported in the Cabrillo file - only the date and
        time of the QSOs themselves matters.

        W5OV

        > How do you change the start date for a contest after the log was created?
        >
        > Someone asked this once before but got no answer, and I can't seem to find
        > anything in the documents.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Bill

      • Rex Maner
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
          I think you just start operating at the Official start time and the log will
          take care of itself , That is what I do. If you want a practice log you can
          just delete it at any time.

          Rex K7QQ

          How do you change the start date for a contest after the log was created?

          Someone asked this once before but got no answer, and I can't seem to find
          anything in the documents.

          Thanks
          Bill

          <http://newsletter.adsonar.com/nwrss/imgs/nwr_1560786_36140222_379054_207076
          7_4_2.PNG?placementId=1560786&plid=379054&pid=2070767&ps=36140222&rotation=4
          &type=2&zw=500&zh=70&v=5&url=NA&uid=>

        • radio_ng2d
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
            Thank you. That explains why there is no screen to change it. I'm going to leave it alone.

            Bill

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, W5OV@... wrote:

            > For what purpose?
            >
            > The start date is not reported in the Cabrillo file - only the date and
            > time of the QSOs themselves matters.
            >
            > W5OV
            >
            > > How do you change the start date for a contest after the log was created?
            > >
            > > Someone asked this once before but got no answer, and I can't seem to find
            > > anything in the documents.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > Bill

          • radio_ng2d
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
              When I created the log yesterday I did not know the start date off the top of my head, so I let it use the default thinking I would change it later. When I couldn't change it, I decided to ask.

              Thanks for all your help.

              Bill

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Rex Maner" <k7qq@...> wrote:

              > I think you just start operating at the Official start time and the log will
              > take care of itself , That is what I do. If you want a practice log you can
              > just delete it at any time.
              >

              > Rex K7QQ

            • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 25, 2013
                Bill,

                Don't worry about it. The start date really doesn't mean anything unless you
                have multiple instances of the same contest type inside one database. In
                that case the start date is used to sort similar contests in chronologic
                order and allow you to select between, for example, CQWPXCW 2011, 2013,
                2014. The fact that the start date may be off by a few days is
                inconsequential.

                Otherwise, If you have Microsoft Office Pro with MS Access you could open
                the database and edit the ContestInstance table.

                -larry (K8UT)
                I'm not crazy about fiddling with a database file in an editor. It could be
                dangerous. Another question is, does the start date really mean anything or
                is it just for my information? If it dosen't affect anything, then I will
                leave it alone.

                Bill

                --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Marc Domen <on7ss.oo9o@...> wrote:

                > Sri, I mean NOTEPAD.
                >
                > 73 marc
                >

                > 2013/7/24 radio_ng2d <bills_eyepiece@...>
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > How do you change the start date for a contest after the log was
                > > created?
                > >
                > > Someone asked this once before but got no answer, and I can't seem to
                > > find
                > > anything in the documents.
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > > Bill

              • Robert Chudek - K0RC
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 25, 2013
                  The date that is set when creating the log makes that contest log
                  relatively 'unique'. In other words, you might setup a log for CQWW on
                  Wednesday to enter a practice session, then setup another CQWW on
                  Thursday to enter another practice session. Maybe you make 30 or 40 QSOs
                  during those practice sessions. You can then setup the "real" log on
                  Friday afternoon and choose the 'correct' start date and run your
                  contest over the weekend..

                  You will then have 3 CQWW logs with individual (unique) QSOs in each of
                  them that can be uploaded to LoTW or eQSL if you prefer.

                  The program will allow you to create multiple logs with the same date,
                  although that can be confusing because there is no differentiation
                  between them when looking at the log 'Pick List' at the bottom of the
                  FILE menu.

                  You do have a chance of differentiating two logs for the same contest
                  with the same date when you select FILE > OPEN LOG IN DATABASE. When you
                  choose a log from that menu, it will tell you how many QSOs are
                  contained in the log you are selecting.

                  The program offers a lot of flexibility, but at the same time provides
                  'opportunity' for confusion in some cases!

                  73 de bob - KØRC in MN