Re: QSO Recorder Could not convert wav to MP3

  • ve3dvy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2013
      I figured it out. and you are spot on. It seems that there may have been an access rights issue with lame writing the MP3 and lame was kicking back an error. I added full control to Everyone to the directory that have the audio files and all is well and working. Not sure why this happens some strange file rights issue here. A quirk with lame.exe? not sure why as lame is a well established and well written codec.

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "vasiliy_k3it" <uncle_ziba@...> wrote:

      > There is probably something in lame encoder output that qsorder doesn't expect. Sent you a message off list.
      >
      > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <ve3dvy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Just discovered QSOrder but I am have a small issue with it.
      > >
      > > It is recording and storing the wav files fine in the specified directory, but then in the QSOrder window it displays the message "Could not convert wav to MP3"... followed by the file name. and because of this "Play Contact" in N1MM is greyed out. If I use the hot key it converts the stored file to mp3 fine but not for normal QSOs
      > >
      > > What am I missing.
      > >
      > > I tested a few things Tried different versions of lame including 64 bit version
      > > I manualy converted some test QSOs using lame and another converter and saved in the same directory and they converted fine and those will play in N1MM with "Play Contact" just fine
      > >
      > > Am I possibly running into conflict with other installations of lame? I use lame with other audio applications.

    • Bob Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2013
        Full control to authenticated users would have been a safer choice. However, if your internal network router and/or firewall does not allow the hackers on the internet to even get to your machine, everyone is probably ok.