RE: [N1MM] Software causing install problems

  • John Bednar
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 14, 2013
      Dave,

      I looked at the Bug Reports and several that recently arrived listed the same error message as Arnaud's. I'll know in a few days if the others are also using Avira AV.

      The difference could be new install vs. program update.

      I have no idea which version of Avira Arnaud is using or if there are settings that can cause the problem.

      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
        There is no assisted class in the IARU HF contest - it will be MultiOP Class - and if you do not follow the rules that you have to stay 10 (long) minutes on one band before change to another mode or band it will be used as checklog.

        And for sure - in my opinion a lot of contest station will end in the checklog area - and I have to dig into N1MM how to give me an Alert if I "break" such 10min. Rulez - never thought about this before :)
        Maybe it will be nice to disable any Telnet directly when starting a log (lets say: Mark anything to follow the rulez - but only if it is known, that SOA(A) is not allowed) :)

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Nick, NA3M" <na3m@...> wrote:

        > If you were using this experimental version during the contest the final
        > score will be incorrect because all HQ and WRTC 2013 Experimental Stations
        > were counted as additional Mult3.
        > To get correct score install last public version 13.07.01 and rescore the
        > IARU contest.

      • N3AD
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
          I operated (with partner W1GD) one of the WRTC experimental stations during IARU. We used WRTC V13.6.1 which is scoring correctly. However I just noticed that V13.6.2 and later is scoring incorrectly giving 3 points for zone 8 Qs instead of 2.

          73
          Alan/N3AD

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Nick, NA3M" <na3m@...> wrote:

          > If you were using this experimental version during the contest the final
          > score will be incorrect because all HQ and WRTC 2013 Experimental Stations
          > were counted as additional Mult3.
          > To get correct score install last public version 13.07.01 and rescore the
          > IARU contest.
          >
          > Before doing it if you are interested in how many HQ and WRTC 2013
          > Experimental Stations you have worked go to View/Statistics and select Row -
          > MiscText and Column - Mode & Band. Go to File/Print to File to save
          > information into a txt file that you can edit later to separate HQ from WRTC
          > 2013 Experimental Stations.
          >
          > Nick NA3M
          >
          > P.S. I managed to work 23 Experimental Stations 71 times (on different
          > bands/modes).
          >

          > > For those who are interested in working HQ and WRTC 2013 Experimental
          > > Stations there is experimental version available here:
          > >
          > > http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=20
          > >
          > > This version will show HQ and WRTC 2013 Experimental Stations in GREEN
          > > color on the Band Maps and Available windows. Special
          > > "IARU_CallHistory_2013.txt" file is included and will be copied into the
          > main
          > > logger folder. Make sure to import it (File/Import/Import Call Hist.) and
          > turn
          > > Call History Lookup feature on. This experimental version requires the
          > > latest public release (13.07.01) to be installed first.
          > >
          > > When you enter (or click on) WRTC 2013 Experimental Station callsign the
          > > Exchange field will be populated with "SSx" instead of IARU zone. Make
          > > sure to replace it with proper IARU zone.
          > >
          > > The list of WRTC 2013 Experimental Stations and awards for Station Test
          > > Hunters is available here:
          > >
          > > http://www.wrtc2014.org/competition/2013-station-test/
          > >

          > > WARNING: using this version will make you "Assisted"!
          > >
          > > Nick NA3M

        • Dave NJ4F
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
            Perhaps a timer that resets at band change, and would cause a popup window
            alert if 10 minutes hadn't passed.

            Dave, NJ4F

            There is no assisted class in the IARU HF contest - it will be MultiOP Class -
            and if you do not follow the rules that you have to stay 10 (long) minutes on
            one band before change to another mode or band it will be used as checklog.

            And for sure - in my opinion a lot of contest station will end in the checklog
            area - and I have to dig into N1MM how to give me an Alert if I "break" such
            10min. Rulez - never thought about this before :) Maybe it will be nice to
            disable any Telnet directly when starting a log (lets say: Mark anything to
            follow the rulez - but only if it is known, that SOA(A) is not allowed) :)

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Nick, NA3M" <na3m@...> wrote:

            > If you were using this experimental version during the contest the
            > final score will be incorrect because all HQ and WRTC 2013
            > Experimental Stations were counted as additional Mult3.
            > To get correct score install last public version 13.07.01 and rescore
            > the IARU contest.

          • Nick, NA3M
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
              Alan,

              This is what I have found in the rules for IARU contest:

              " 7.1.1. Contacts with a station in the same ITU zone but on a different
              continent count one point.

              7.2. Contacts within your continent (but different ITU zone) count three
              points.

              7.3. Contacts with a different continent and IARU zone count five points."

              In your example if you are in zone 8 (I believe all of the Experimental
              stations were in zone 8) and your correspondent is in zone 8 as well the
              program should give you 1 point.
              Please correct me if I am wrong.

              Nick NA3M

            • Doug Scribner
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                I believe Alan said they were using WRTC setup in N1MM which would be 2 points for a Zone 8 contact per the WRTC rules...

                http://www.wrtc2014.org/competition/wrtc-rules/

                I also operated at one of the test sites (AD1T) and although we scored using the IARU setup, I have rescored in the WRTC setup and believe the points are correct. I will verify that.

                Doug - K1ZO

> [...]

                > > > GREEN color on the Band Maps and Available windows. Special
                > > > "IARU_CallHistory_2013.txt" file is included and will be copied into
                > > > the
                > > main
                > > > logger folder. Make sure to import it (File/Import/Import Call
                > > > Hist.) and
                > > turn
                > > > Call History Lookup feature on. This experimental version requires
                > > > the latest public release (13.07.01) to be installed first.
                > > >
                > > > When you enter (or click on) WRTC 2013 Experimental Station callsign
                > > > the Exchange field will be populated with "SSx" instead of IARU
                > > > zone. Make sure to replace it with proper IARU zone.
                > > >
                > > > The list of WRTC 2013 Experimental Stations and awards for Station
                > > > Test Hunters is available here:
                > > >
                > > > http://www.wrtc2014.org/competition/2013-station-test/
                > > >

                > > > WARNING: using this version will make you "Assisted"!

                No virus found in this message.

              • Nick, NA3M
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                  Dave,

                  As I understand the rules the"10 minute rule" is for " Multi Operator,
                  Single Transmitter, Mixed Mode only". If you select Operator Category
                  Multi-Op there will be 10 minute Band/Mode (change) timer available in the
                  Info window.

                  Also there is a way to find out the time since the last QSO and last band
                  change regardless of the category - in the Entry window move cursor to the
                  frame located to the right of the callsign field. There should be a tool tip
                  widow popping up. This timer does not get reset with mode change though.

                  Nick NA3M

                  > Perhaps a timer that resets at band change, and would cause a popup
                  > window alert if 10 minutes hadn't passed.
                  >

                  > Dave, NJ4F

                • Doug Scribner
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                    We used Ver 13.7.0 and I just verified that using WRTC setup the scoring is correct per WRTC rules.

                    Obviously we can't submit this as an IARU score since...

                    1) The scoring is different
                    2) We operated true Multi 2 and there is no such category in the IARU contest

                    Our goal was to test WRTC conditions as close as possible, not to enter an IARU score...

                    Doug - K1ZO

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                      Doug,

                      Yes, I confirm that contest module for WRTC (contest name WRTC) is set up to
                      give 2 point for the same zone QSO.

                      If IARU contest module was used by WRTC experimental station during the
                      contest the log can be exported in ADIF format and imported back into newly
                      created WRTC contest log to get correct points for those in zone QSOs. No
                      contest name change in the ADIF file is required before importing it because
                      it is the same <CONTEST_ID:7>IARU-HF in both contest modules.

                      Nick NA3M

                      07/15/13

                    • Doug Scribner
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                        Yes and that's what we did...

                        Used the IARU setup and exported/imported the ADIF to get a WRTC score...

                        Thanks
                        K1ZO

                        Yes, I confirm that contest module for WRTC (contest name WRTC) is set up to
                        give 2 point for the same zone QSO.

                        If IARU contest module was used by WRTC experimental station during the
                        contest the log can be exported in ADIF format and imported back into newly
                        created WRTC contest log to get correct points for those in zone QSOs. No
                        contest name change in the ADIF file is required before importing it because
                        it is the same <CONTEST_ID:7>IARU-HF in both contest modules.

                        Nick NA3M

                        > I believe Alan said they were using WRTC setup in N1MM which would be 2
                        > points for a Zone 8 contact per the WRTC rules...
                        >
                        > http://www.wrtc2014.org/competition/wrtc-rules/
                        >
                        > I also operated at one of the test sites (AD1T) and although we scored
                        using
                        > the IARU setup, I have rescored in the WRTC setup and believe the points
                        > are correct. I will verify that.
                        >
                        > Doug - K1ZO

                      • nekvtster
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                          I just hand-checked the W1SJ 80m log for the past weekend. N1MM v13.7.1 reports the number of DXCC countries worked in the "CTY" column, but neglects to add the ITU Zones.

                          Brian K1LI

                        • Doug Scribner
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                            Brian,

                            If you used the WRTC setup, ITU Zones are not counted as multipliers...just DXCC and HQ stations...

                            Doug - K1ZO

                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                              Thanks, Doug. I apologize for not reading the rules correctly. Still haven't fully recovered from the 45 min of sleep during the contest!

                              Message 14 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                                Brian,

                                I presume you are talking about Score window for WRTC contest module. Yes,
                                the rules for WRTC (Multipliers section) are:

                                "
                                8. Multipliers
                                8.1. The total number of DXCC countries plus IARU member society HQ stations
                                on each band will count as multipliers, once per band regardless of the
                                mode. IARU officials represent a maximum of four multipliers per band (AC,
                                R1, R2 and R3).
                                ..."

                                So the rules for IARU contest are different from WRTC rules. For WRTC
                                participants DXCC countries are mults, not ITU zones. As a result the score
                                will be different depending on the contest module you are using.

                                Nick NA3M

                              • Steve London
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                                  What else did you change, Alan ? Different computer ? Different
                                  database ? Contest not set to WRTC ?

                                  Is your station information correctly set to Zone 8 ?

                                  73,
                                  Steve, N2IC

                                  On 07/15/2013 10:34 AM, N3AD wrote:
                                  > I operated (with partner W1GD) one of the WRTC experimental stations during IARU. We used WRTC V13.6.1 which is scoring correctly. However I just noticed that V13.6.2 and later is scoring incorrectly giving 3 points for zone 8 Qs instead of 2.
                                  >
                                  > 73
                                  > Alan/N3AD
                                  >
                                  > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Nick, NA3M"<na3m@...> wrote:
                                  >>

                                  >> If you were using this experimental version during the contest the final
                                  >> score will be incorrect because all HQ and WRTC 2013 Experimental Stations
                                  >> were counted as additional Mult3.
                                  >> To get correct score install last public version 13.07.01 and rescore the
                                  >> IARU contest.
                                  >>
                                  >> Before doing it if you are interested in how many HQ and WRTC 2013
                                  >> Experimental Stations you have worked go to View/Statistics and select Row -
                                  >> MiscText and Column - Mode& Band. Go to File/Print to File to save
                                  >> information into a txt file that you can edit later to separate HQ from WRTC
                                  >> 2013 Experimental Stations.
                                  >>
                                  >> Nick NA3M
                                  >>
                                  >> P.S. I managed to work 23 Experimental Stations 71 times (on different
                                  >> bands/modes).
                                  >>

                                  >>> For those who are interested in working HQ and WRTC 2013 Experimental
                                  >>> Stations there is experimental version available here:
                                  >>>
                                  >>> http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-list_file_gallery.php?galleryId=20
                                  >>>
                                  >>> This version will show HQ and WRTC 2013 Experimental Stations in GREEN
                                  >>> color on the Band Maps and Available windows. Special
                                  >>> "IARU_CallHistory_2013.txt" file is included and will be copied into the
                                  >> main
                                  >>> logger folder. Make sure to import it (File/Import/Import Call Hist.) and
                                  >> turn
                                  >>> Call History Lookup feature on. This experimental version requires the
                                  >>> latest public release (13.07.01) to be installed first.
                                  >>>
                                  >>> When you enter (or click on) WRTC 2013 Experimental Station callsign the
                                  >>> Exchange field will be populated with "SSx" instead of IARU zone. Make
                                  >>> sure to replace it with proper IARU zone.
                                  >>>
                                  >>> The list of WRTC 2013 Experimental Stations and awards for Station Test
                                  >>> Hunters is available here:
                                  >>>
                                  >>> http://www.wrtc2014.org/competition/2013-station-test/
                                  >>>

                                  >>> WARNING: using this version will make you "Assisted"!
                                  >>>
                                  >>> Nick NA3M

                                  > .

                                • Alan J. Donziger
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jul 15, 2013
                                    Steve
                                    I set up a new database to deal with some other issues - which I have
                                    resolved. As the late Gilda Radner uses to say on Saturday Night Live
                                    "Never mind". Not sure how I did it, but somehow my station data showed
                                    zone as 11. So, as usual, not a programmer error but just "cockpit error".

                                    73
                                    Alan/N3AD