RE: [N1MM] F key configuration

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
      Thanks, Dick. You said there were messages on lines 13 - 24, where are
      those?

      Do you have a radio interfaced to N1MM?

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
        Ted,

        I deleted the 13-24 F key messages before I received your mail. Guess I was
        a little quick.

        The computer is interfaced to my radio via SignaLink USB which I haved used
        for 2 years.

        Dick KS0M

        From: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>
[...]

      • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
          Dick,

          I did not receive your file -- but in this reflector posting, your FK
          definitions are double-spaced. There is a blank line between each message.
          When you insert double spacing into the new FK editor (right-click on the
          entry window FKeys) the editor gets confused and as a result, the first 6
          lines are interpreted as RUN (CQ) F1, F3, F5, F7, F9 and F11; and the last 6
          are Search and Pounce (S&P) F1, F3... Note that the first set of lines have
          black text and the last set is blue text.

          Remove the blank lines and test it. Do you still have a problem?

          -larry (K8UT)

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
            Dick, how is your radio interfaced to the computer for rig control? This
            makes a difference because as soon as you tune the radio N1MM goes into S&P
            mode. And, if you then hit an F-key you will be using one of those
            messages on lines 13-24.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
              Ted,

              I do not use the rig control feature and never have. I know that when I
              open the file N1MM goes into S&P. I click on RUN to get to the macros that
              I have set up before the contest.

              Dick KS0M

              From: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>

              From: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
                I don't believe there is anything wrong with blank lines between the
                function key macro lines. The code ignores them.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
                  Dick,

                  Loaded your 1-12 F-key definitions and they work OK. Is it possible, that
                  with the original 13-24 messages loaded, you may have inadvertently hit a
                  keystroke combination (Alt+U, for example) that took you out of the RUN
                  mode, causing N1MM to try sending one of the 13-24 messages?

                  That is about the only explanation I can offer at this time unless you can
                  duplicate the failures.

                  73, Ted W4NZ

                  Ps. What do you have selected on the Configurer: SO1V, SO2V or SO2R? What
                  radio are you using?

                  From: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com <mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
                    Ted,

                    I am definitely sure that I was in the correct set of F keys when this
                    happened. It happened too often to have made an error like you describe. I
                    never us controls like your example of (Alt+U). I use the F keys or the
                    mouse to send/receive. I have N1MM set up for RTTY only and I have it set
                    at SO1V. It has been that way from the first time I used N1MM. (for CW I use
                    a better computer, the one between my two ears and I do not use SSB for
                    contesting). My radio is a YAESU Mark-5 Field that I bought new in 2005. I
                    do not have an amp to use so no RF from that to create any problems. RTTY
                    is done with no more than 70 watts. I am going to try and recreate the
                    problem, but kind of hard to do when not in an actual contest. Thanks for
                    your offer of help. I will continue to try and find out what caused the F
                    keys to fail. If the keys keep failing during a contest, I can live with it
                    as I contest for the fun of the chase and not big scores.

                    73 Dick KS0M

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 7, 2013
                      Dick,

                      As John K3CT mentioned, he saw similar failures with the F-keys caused by
                      RFI during Field day. I see you are using a SignaLink USB interface. USB
                      ports are susceptible to RFI, even at 70 watts. When you are testing turn
                      your power all the way down and see if the problem goes away. Also, check
                      that usb port's properties to make sure the computer is not powering it
                      down.