Re: [N1MM] F keys inoperational

  • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2013
      Paul,

      When opening the Function Key editor, what is the name of the .MC file in
      the top of the dialog window? Or you opening one of your old FK files, or
      editing the new CW Default Messages?

      About a year ago, Tom re-modeled the way Function Keys are managed and
      edited. Each message line must contain the title of the Function Key,
      followed by a <comma>, then the actual message with its macros. Text prior
      to the <comma> should be NORMAL (not greyed out), and text after the <comma>
      should be BOLD.
      For example: F2 Exch, {SENTRSTCUT} {EXCH}

      If you are struggling with the FK definitions, download one of the Sample
      Function Key files provided on the website under >Files >Sample Function Key
      Files >CW, and compare those definitions to yours.

      -larry (K8UT)
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 7, 2013
        This question suggests to me that Paul is unfamiliar with the new
        Function Key Editor, and should look at
        <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Using+Stored+Messages+in+Contests+-+and+the+Function+Key+Message+Editor&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation>
        so that we're all talking about the same things.

        73, Pete N4ZR
        Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
        http://reversebeacon.net,
        blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
        For spots, please go to your favorite
        ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

        On 7/7/2013 6:22 AM, Larry Gauthier (K8UT) wrote:
        > Paul,
        >
        > When opening the Function Key editor, what is the name of the .MC file in
        > the top of the dialog window? Or you opening one of your old FK files, or
        > editing the new CW Default Messages?
        >
        > About a year ago, Tom re-modeled the way Function Keys are managed and
        > edited. Each message line must contain the title of the Function Key,
        > followed by a <comma>, then the actual message with its macros. Text prior
        > to the <comma> should be NORMAL (not greyed out), and text after the <comma>
        > should be BOLD.
        > For example: F2 Exch, {SENTRSTCUT} {EXCH}
        >
        > If you are struggling with the FK definitions, download one of the Sample
        > Function Key files provided on the website under >Files >Sample Function Key
        > Files >CW, and compare those definitions to yours.
        >
        > -larry (K8UT)

      • m6zse34
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2013
          That's the answer, missing commas. I recently changed callsign
          so six taps of the backspace takes out the call, one more takes the lot. I must have got trigger-happy with the others, too.
          Many thanks for your help.
          73
          Paul/M0SEV