CW decoding

  • Kevin Ohnstad
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
      Have been contesting for awhile and have been looking at N1MM for computerized logging. If one were to want to operate a CW decoding program in conjunction with N1MM, which program would work the best? I have in the past operated MBATOR with a CP-1, HostMaster with my Kam and also PCPACRATT with my Pk-232. All operating both CW and RTTY along with several other digital modes. None of this software was Windows based so probably would not be a good choice any longer. Have a state of the art computer now with soundboard etc. so not a problem from the computer end of it as with those other software choices.
       Thanks for the support network. Most of it over my head as a newcomer to N1MM...but helpful just the same.

    • Dave NJ4F
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
        Fldigi will integrate seamlessly into N1MM. And it decodes CW perfectly. The
        help files will tell you how to integrate it. I did it by myself, and if I can
        do it, anyone can. It really isn't difficult.

        You will like and enjoy N1MM. Load fldigi, and also the MMTTY engine, and when
        you configure N1MM you tell it where the engine is. After that, and a few
        other configuration details, you can work almost any contest in any mode, be
        able to upload an .adi file to any general purpose logger, and also have the
        .log file for contest hosts.

        Dave, NJ4F

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
          Dave,
           Thanks a bunch for the help! I have been watching the correspondence on the N1MM group and I knew you guys would have an answer. I noted some reference to Fldigi but just hadn't looked it up to see what it was yet. I do have MMRTTY already downloaded but have been still looking for answers as to whether N1MM would fit the bill for me or not. Sounds like it will be the answer and I can stop browsing the net!
           Once configured will be running N1MM with an TS-950, Ten Tec Titan 425, FT-990 backup radio...Force 12 C4XL at 80 feet & Yaesu G-1000dxa rotator. Am located near Fargo, ND so am hoping to start working some contests later this summer.

          73 and thanks again!
          Kevin
          KB0BRY