Re: [N1MM] Setting up SO2R problems

  • Michael Almeter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2013
      Hi Steve,
          Thanks for the advice. I got everything working this afternoon. I have the Rigblaster in line to handle digital modes, CW keying on one rig, and a few other things.
           For now, everything is working and seems to be performing excellent.

      73,
      Mike
      W4MJA

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2013
        Michael

        Glad you have your rigs communicating now with ur computer.

        I would like to add a note of wisdom I gained the hard way.....
        (IOW I have smoked a rcvr front end from not doing the following)

        Be very sure your setup allows yo to transmit with both rigs on the same band ONLY if you intend to do so

        Use band pass filters for each xcvr !!!

        Use a very good and reliable antenna switching system that diables both rigs from using the same antenna port !!!

        That is Two big reasons I use the Micro Ham Micro Keyer 2+
        and the WX0B SO2R antenna switch

        Welcome to the brave new world of SO2R !!!

        cheers !

        Steve
        KG5VK