Re: [N1MM] Recording a Contest

  • Pete Smith N4ZR
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
      RecAll or RecAll Pro will do it. Not free but very cheap and you can
      get a 30-day free trial

      73, Pete N4ZR
      Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
      http://reversebeacon.net,
      blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
      For spots, please go to your favorite
      ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

      On 7/3/2013 2:42 PM, Dennis wrote:
      > I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.
      >
      > For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
      > I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
      > slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
      > starts.
      >
      > Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of free
      > software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
      > it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.
      >
      > Please reply off group. Thanks.
      >
      > Dennis W1UE

    • Michael Walker
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
        QSOrder does it amazingly well. I just tested it this weekend and it was
        great.

        Mike va3mw

        On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > RecAll or RecAll Pro will do it. Not free but very cheap and you can
        > get a 30-day free trial
        >
        > 73, Pete N4ZR
        > Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
        > http://reversebeacon.net,
        > blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
        > For spots, please go to your favorite
        > ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
        >

        > On 7/3/2013 2:42 PM, Dennis wrote:
        > > I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.
        > >
        > > For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
        > > I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
        > > slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
        > > starts.
        > >
        > > Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of
        > free
        > > software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
        > > it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.
        > >
        > > Please reply off group. Thanks.
        > >
        > > Dennis W1UE

      • N1MM
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
          QSOrder records in QSO chunks, not hours. Not sure if Dennis can live
          with that. He seems to have something specific in mind.

          73,
          Tom

          On 7/4/2013 7:53 AM, Michael Walker wrote:
          > QSOrder does it amazingly well. I just tested it this weekend and it was
          > great.
          >
          > Mike va3mw
          >

          > On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> RecAll or RecAll Pro will do it. Not free but very cheap and you can
          >> get a 30-day free trial
          >>
          >> 73, Pete N4ZR
          >> Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
          >> http://reversebeacon.net,
          >> blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
          >> For spots, please go to your favorite
          >> ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
          >>

          >> On 7/3/2013 2:42 PM, Dennis wrote:
          >>> I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.
          >>>
          >>> For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
          >>> I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
          >>> slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
          >>> starts.
          >>>
          >>> Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of
          >> free
          >>> software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
          >>> it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.
          >>>
          >>> Please reply off group. Thanks.
          >>>
          >>> Dennis W1UE

        • Michael Walker
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
            Yes, it does. I like the chucks so I can share it with people or easily
            look up a callsign or something time specific.

            The other options are great if you want one long running recording.

            73, Mike va3mw

            On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM, N1MM <tfwagner@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > QSOrder records in QSO chunks, not hours. Not sure if Dennis can live
            > with that. He seems to have something specific in mind.
            >
            > 73,
            > Tom
            >
            > On 7/4/2013 7:53 AM, Michael Walker wrote:
            > > QSOrder does it amazingly well. I just tested it this weekend and it was
            > > great.
            > >
            > > Mike va3mw
            > >

            > > On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > >> **
            > >>

            > >> RecAll or RecAll Pro will do it. Not free but very cheap and you can
            > >> get a 30-day free trial
            > >>
            > >> 73, Pete N4ZR
            > >> Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
            > >> http://reversebeacon.net,
            > >> blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
            > >> For spots, please go to your favorite
            > >> ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

            > >> free
            > chop

          • Steve Maki
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
              On 7/3/2013 2:42 PM, Dennis wrote:

              > I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.
              >
              > For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
              > I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
              > slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
              > starts.
              >
              > Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of free
              > software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
              > it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.

              If you don't mind a two step process, MP3DirectCut will do a great job
              of splitting a long MP3 file into multiple files of arbitrary length.

              -Steve K8LX