Recording a Contest

  • Dennis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
      I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.

      For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
      I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
      slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
      starts.

      Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of free
      software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
      it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.

      Please reply off group. Thanks.

      Dennis W1UE
    • Pete Smith N4ZR
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
        RecAll or RecAll Pro will do it. Not free but very cheap and you can
        get a 30-day free trial

        73, Pete N4ZR
        Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
        http://reversebeacon.net,
        blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
        For spots, please go to your favorite
        ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

        On 7/3/2013 2:42 PM, Dennis wrote:
        > I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.
        >
        > For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
        > I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
        > slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
        > starts.
        >
        > Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of free
        > software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
        > it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.
        >
        > Please reply off group. Thanks.
        >
        > Dennis W1UE

      • Michael Walker
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
          QSOrder does it amazingly well. I just tested it this weekend and it was
          great.

          Mike va3mw

          On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > RecAll or RecAll Pro will do it. Not free but very cheap and you can
          > get a 30-day free trial
          >
          > 73, Pete N4ZR
          > Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
          > http://reversebeacon.net,
          > blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
          > For spots, please go to your favorite
          > ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
          >

          > On 7/3/2013 2:42 PM, Dennis wrote:
          > > I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.
          > >
          > > For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
          > > I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
          > > slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
          > > starts.
          > >
          > > Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of
          > free
          > > software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
          > > it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.
          > >
          > > Please reply off group. Thanks.
          > >
          > > Dennis W1UE

        • N1MM
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
            QSOrder records in QSO chunks, not hours. Not sure if Dennis can live
            with that. He seems to have something specific in mind.

            73,
            Tom

            On 7/4/2013 7:53 AM, Michael Walker wrote:
            > QSOrder does it amazingly well. I just tested it this weekend and it was
            > great.
            >
            > Mike va3mw
            >

            > On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>

            >> RecAll or RecAll Pro will do it. Not free but very cheap and you can
            >> get a 30-day free trial
            >>
            >> 73, Pete N4ZR
            >> Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
            >> http://reversebeacon.net,
            >> blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
            >> For spots, please go to your favorite
            >> ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
            >>

            >> On 7/3/2013 2:42 PM, Dennis wrote:
            >>> I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.
            >>>
            >>> For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
            >>> I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
            >>> slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
            >>> starts.
            >>>
            >>> Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of
            >> free
            >>> software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
            >>> it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.
            >>>
            >>> Please reply off group. Thanks.
            >>>
            >>> Dennis W1UE

          • Michael Walker
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
              Yes, it does. I like the chucks so I can share it with people or easily
              look up a callsign or something time specific.

              The other options are great if you want one long running recording.

              73, Mike va3mw

              On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 8:01 AM, N1MM <tfwagner@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > QSOrder records in QSO chunks, not hours. Not sure if Dennis can live
              > with that. He seems to have something specific in mind.
              >
              > 73,
              > Tom
              >
              > On 7/4/2013 7:53 AM, Michael Walker wrote:
              > > QSOrder does it amazingly well. I just tested it this weekend and it was
              > > great.
              > >
              > > Mike va3mw
              > >

              > > On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > >> **
              > >>

              > >> RecAll or RecAll Pro will do it. Not free but very cheap and you can
              > >> get a 30-day free trial
              > >>
              > >> 73, Pete N4ZR
              > >> Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
              > >> http://reversebeacon.net,
              > >> blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
              > >> For spots, please go to your favorite
              > >> ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

              > >> free
              > chop

            • Steve Maki
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2013
                On 7/3/2013 2:42 PM, Dennis wrote:

                > I see that N1MM doesn't directly support recording an entire contest.
                >
                > For those of you that do it, what audio recording programs do you use?
                > I want to record a 24 hour contest, automatically split into 1 hour
                > slices, and I don't want to have to touch the computer once the contest
                > starts.
                >
                > Any suggestions on free software that will do so? I've found a lot of free
                > software that will make great recordings, but none so far that will chop
                > it into 1 hour slices without my intervention.

                If you don't mind a two step process, MP3DirectCut will do a great job
                of splitting a long MP3 file into multiple files of arbitrary length.

                -Steve K8LX