Re: Digest Number 6902 Rotor setup in N1MM 13.6.2

  • Bill Axelrod
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2013
      Steve,

      Thank you for sharing this link. But. to answer your question.
      Really? Yes, really.

      This is the manual and pages/paragraphs I have been wrestling with to
      no avail.

      All,

      Paragraph 1.6 discusses what I am trying to do since I operate SO2R and
      have two multiband antennas (SteppIRs) on separate towers. This paragraph
      states "Occasionally, we get questions about how to relate a rotator to a
      specific radio or VFO, in SO2R - so that when you enter a callsign in that
      radio's Entry Window, the rotator for that radio's antennas receives the
      command.

      The answer is simple - On the Antennas tab of the Configurer, define the
      antennas for the second radio as if they were alternative antennas for a
      given band, and specify the desired rotator's COM port . Then, while the
      second radio's Entry Window is active, hit Alt+F9. You only need to do this
      once, each time you change bands on the second radio. See this page
      <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Configurer#Configurer_gt_Antenn
      as_Tab> for more on configuring more than one antenna for a given band."

      When one follows the "this page" link it takes you to the Configurer
      set up section of this documentation. Paragraph 9 on this page has the
      instructions for the Antennas Tab. And unfortunately it shows and describes
      the earlier version of the Antennas Tab. The current version no longer has
      the column for setting the Rotor Port.

      Hence my original question. Anyone out there have the answer?

      73. Bill