Re: [N1MM] Problem viewing multi-op statistics after all the computers are no longer networked

  • Jim Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2013
      Hi Tom,

      Well, I went to 2.6.11 The Statistics Window and could see nothing
      relevant to my question.

      I searched on Statistics with the same result.

      What am I missing?

      73, Jim VE7FO

      On 6/30/2013 4:55 AM, N1MM wrote:
      > Search the online help for Statistics. It will all become clear.
      >
      > 73,
      > Tom - N1MM
      >
      > On 6/30/2013 5:44 AM, Jim Smith wrote:
      >> Just wrapping up Field Day and want to generate some statistics for the
      >> de-brief. I've got the log on my computer at home and the FD network,
      >> of course, no longer exists.
      >>
      >> I want to generate statistics for each of 3 HF op positions (Radios 1, 2
      >> and 3). In particular Radios by Hour and Radios by Op.
      >>
      >> I used to be able to do this by turning on Networked Computer mode in
      >> the Config menu. That doesn't seem to work this year.
      >>
      >> How can I display these statistics?
      >>
      >> 73, Jim VE7FO

    • John Bednar
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2013
        Jim,

        The two selectors in Statistics window. Did you set them?

        John, K3CT

        On Jul 1, 2013, at 3:27 AM, Jim Smith <jimsmith@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tom,
        >
        > Well, I went to 2.6.11 The Statistics Window and could see nothing
        > relevant to my question.
        >
        > I searched on Statistics with the same result.
        >
        > What am I missing?
        >
        > 73, Jim VE7FO
        >
        > On 6/30/2013 4:55 AM, N1MM wrote:
        >> Search the online help for Statistics. It will all become clear.
        >>
        >> 73,
        >> Tom - N1MM
        >>
        >> On 6/30/2013 5:44 AM, Jim Smith wrote:
        >>> Just wrapping up Field Day and want to generate some statistics for the
        >>> de-brief. I've got the log on my computer at home and the FD network,
        >>> of course, no longer exists.
        >>>
        >>> I want to generate statistics for each of 3 HF op positions (Radios 1, 2
        >>> and 3). In particular Radios by Hour and Radios by Op.
        >>>
        >>> I used to be able to do this by turning on Networked Computer mode in
        >>> the Config menu. That doesn't seem to work this year.
        >>>
        >>> How can I display these statistics?
        >>>
        >>> 73, Jim VE7FO

      • Jim Smith
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2013
          Hi John

          I set Row to Hour and Column to RadioNr. I see a column for Radio #1.
          I see no columns for Radios 2 or 3. Well, there should actually be one
          for Radio #4 as well, but there isn't.

          All Qs are attributed to Radio #1.

          In Config there is a check mark beside Networked Computer Mode.

          I tried clearing the Prevent Automatic Reconnect Events in the INFO
          window for a number of the computers which showed up there. Hit Refresh
          in the Statistics Window. Didn't help.

          Just for fun, I tried looking in the .mdb with Access to see if I could
          find a table of Radio Nrs. Not only didn't see that, couldn't find the
          log, either. Did see a few other tables. Maybe Access 97 doesn't cut
          it any more!

          73, Jim VE7FO

          On 7/1/2013 1:49 AM, John Bednar wrote:
          > Jim,
          >
          > The two selectors in Statistics window. Did you set them?
          >
          > John, K3CT
          >
          > On Jul 1, 2013, at 3:27 AM, Jim Smith <jimsmith@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Tom,
          >>
          >> Well, I went to 2.6.11 The Statistics Window and could see nothing
          >> relevant to my question.
          >>
          >> I searched on Statistics with the same result.
          >>
          >> What am I missing?
          >>
          >> 73, Jim VE7FO
          >>
          >> On 6/30/2013 4:55 AM, N1MM wrote:
          >>> Search the online help for Statistics. It will all become clear.
          >>>
          >>> 73,
          >>> Tom - N1MM

        • John Bednar
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2013
            Jim,

            You are really having trouble generating these reports....

            In the Column drop down box, select "NetworkedCompNr" which is the "station
            number" in Networked-Computer mode.

            I set Row to Hour and Column to RadioNr. I see a column for Radio #1.
            I see no columns for Radios 2 or 3. Well, there should actually be one for
            Radio #4 as well, but there isn't.

            All Qs are attributed to Radio #1.

            In Config there is a check mark beside Networked Computer Mode.

            I tried clearing the Prevent Automatic Reconnect Events in the INFO window
            for a number of the computers which showed up there. Hit Refresh in the
            Statistics Window. Didn't help.

            Just for fun, I tried looking in the .mdb with Access to see if I could find
            a table of Radio Nrs. Not only didn't see that, couldn't find the log,
            either. Did see a few other tables. Maybe Access 97 doesn't cut it any
            more!

            73, Jim VE7FO

            On 7/1/2013 1:49 AM, John Bednar wrote:
            > Jim,
            >
            > The two selectors in Statistics window. Did you set them?
            >
            > John, K3CT
            >
            > On Jul 1, 2013, at 3:27 AM, Jim Smith <jimsmith@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hi Tom,
            >>
            >> Well, I went to 2.6.11 The Statistics Window and could see nothing
            >> relevant to my question.
            >>
            >> I searched on Statistics with the same result.
            >>
            >> What am I missing?
            >>
            >> 73, Jim VE7FO
            >>
            >> On 6/30/2013 4:55 AM, N1MM wrote:
            >>> Search the online help for Statistics. It will all become clear.
            >>>
            >>> 73,
            >>> Tom - N1MM

          • Jim Smith
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2013
              Only ones involving RadioNr. The rest are all FB.

              Well, this does almost what I used to be able to do. My interest is in
              knowing what the op positions did, not what the computers did.

              I believe that, in certain unusual circumstances, they don't necessarily
              map one to one.

              I'll dig into this to see whether or not my belief is correct.

              In the meantime, I'll use NetworkedCompNr.

              Thanks very much, John

              73, Jim VE7FO