RE: [N1MM] GrayLine Problem

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
      Randy,

      Try re-running the N1MM Fullinstaller but Uncheck everything except the
      Grayline program.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
        Thanks for the suggestion, Ted.

        I deleted the GrayLine folder and ran the latest Fullinstaller with only
        GrayLine checked. Tried GrayLine, but still the "Error opening database"
        message.

        73,
        Randy

        > Try re-running the N1MM Fullinstaller but Uncheck everything except the
        > Grayline program.
        >
        > 73, Ted W4NZ

      • John Bednar
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
          Randy,
          What Long & Lat did you enter in the Station Information window for your station? I would delete each and retype with something simple (one decimal place).

          John, K3CT

          On Jun 29, 2013, at 11:46 PM, "Randy Foltz" <rbfoltz1@...> wrote:

          > When I run the GrayLine program, it reports "Error opening database" and
          > won't go any further. The N1MM version is v13.06.02. The OS is Windows XP.
          > I had the same problem with v13.06.01. I haven't used GrayLine for several
          > versions, but it did fine in March of this year.
          >
          > I tried deleting the first two lines in QTH.dat, but that didn't change the
          > error message. I also tried removing QTH.dat from the GrayLine folder, but
          > that didn't change the error message.
          >
          > Any suggestions?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Randy, K7TQ
          > Moscow, ID

        • Randy Foltz
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013
            Thanks for the suggestion, John.

            The lat and long were 46.7291666 and 116.958333333. I changed them to 46.72
            and 116.96 which were the numbers with the fewest decimals that still kept
            me in DN16mr. Saved the station info. Restarted N1MM and tried GrayLine.
            Same results "Error opening database."

            I switched to an different existing database. Tried GrayLine. Same "Error
            opening database."

            I created a new database, opened a log file and tried GrayLine. Same "Error
            opening database."

            GrayLine gives the same error whether N1MM is running or not.

            I opened N1MM without any of my INI files in the command line. GrayLine ran
            fine.

            I opened N1MM with one of my existing INI files in the command line.
            GrayLine ran fine.

            Must have been something in the existing INI files that running N1MM without
            an INI file in the command line fixed.

            73,
            Randy, K7TQ