I somehow slightly messed up Field Day

  • ve3dvy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2013
      I just cracked open the logs for field day and saw something that I didn't see during the contest probably due to being tired. no score!
      I am sure this was a simple "I dee ten tee" fault on my part but here is the problem.
      all the entries are fine and show the points per entry but no total score. It just shows 0 I know not all is lost since they don't want the Cabrillo files and I can just to the math and fill in the summary sheet but I am curious what I missed. I am suspecting that possibly its due to the wrong start date as I created the log in the database some time before the contest and did not set the correct start date. is there a way to edit it and re-score? cant seem to find a way. tried to create new log with correct start date and it wont import the adif says something about the cant import with the same time stamp also tried editing the start date in the log instance in the MDB file but it still re-scores with score of 0

      any I realize all is not lost but any insight would be appreciated
    • Doug Garman
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2013
        I can not compete with your contacts, I am sure. But the points per band are completely ambiguous. The only accurate part is the total unique QSOs or calls per band/mode. On time when I looked at mine, I had 25 each 40 m contacts and 450 points! About 3 minutes later I showed 28 contacts and 56 points.... The contacts count keeps track. What gave the points????
        There may be a glitch in the scoring, but it is to be ignored anyway. (was it tracking my rate? I did about 15 of those 25 in about 4 minutes, almost faster than I could type.)

        If I could have kept up that rate for an hour ----  But then I discovered my inverter had died and I lost my computer for about an hour, until I got it fixed. (OK, it could have been my eyes, but I was sure that was what the box said.)