Re: [N1MM] CAT problem Kenwood TS570

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2013
      > Using COM1 (built in real COM), 9600Bd 8N1, CAT-cable wired only with
      > RX and TX data.

      The processor in the TS-570 is underpowered and will often drop the CTS
      line when the VFO is being tuned or when receiving too many commands at
      one time. If you are looping CTS back to RTS as your description would
      indicate, when the radio's controller drops CTS (to tell the computer
      to stop sending data) it causes the rig to stop responding!

      You need to wire the interface with lines for RxD, TxD, CTS, RTS and
      ground (2,3,5,7 & 8) and N1MM Logger needs to be configured for either
      *handshake* on RTS or RTS=Always On.

      If, for some reason, you can not connect RTS/CTS externally, you will
      need to install a pull-up resistor between the RTS pin and a source
      of +5 to +12V in the rig (resistor should be 4k7 Ohms for +5V or 10K
      for +12V).

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV