RE: [N1MM] IC-7000 for dummies

  • Donald M. Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2013
      Terry,

      Are you saying that I want to have my headset connected to the radio, not
      the laptop? I already have the Heil working fine with the IC-7000, but I
      got the impression form reading the interface portion of the software manual
      that I was supposed to hook the headset through the sound card on the
      laptop.

      Maybe this is where my confusion is coming from ...

      Do I only need to hook a headset through the sound card to set up the voice
      memories in the function keys during set up?

      Sorry for the really dumb questions, but there are no contesters around here
      (Lawton-Ft Sill, OK) and I'm the guinea pig.

      Don, NL7CO

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21, 2013
        Don,

        That is correct. Connect the headset to the microphone and headphones jacks
        on the IC-7000.

        It MAY be that there is software arrangement that would allow the headset to
        be plugged into the computer and some sort of USB soundcard might then plug
        into the Radio, but I'm not familiar with that.

        Attached is a document that describes several radios, but includes the
        IC-7000 I use for Field Day.

        I don't use the voice or CW memories in the IC-7000 itself, but use the
        capabilities of N1MM to do Digital Voice Keying, CW, or Digital Modes.

        73, Terry / W1TR : )