Re: Need help for FD network!

  • rich_ve3ki
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2013
      Both copies of the Logger in your two computers are trying to access the same shared database. That's not how it is designed to work. Each computer should have its own local copy of the database. Do NOT try to use a shared database. See <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Multiple+Computer+Contesting&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation#Where_to_Place_the_Database_Files>.

      73,
      Rich VE3KI

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "shepherd.john75" <johnshepherd@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to network 2 computers for FD. OS is XP Home - latest N1MM version on both 'puters - one set as "Master" (0) - both 'puters see each other - computer names show in the info screen with green dots. Data base and log is in a shared folder in "My network places" Computers have different station information. When I enter a contact in either computer I get the same error message on the other one (see below) I need to change something but I cant' figure out what! Can anyone help me?
      >

      > John AD6NR
      >

      > "N1MM Logger V13.6.1 6/20/2013 3:25:09 PM - EntryWindow(PacketSpot_ToRow) - 3022 - The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again."

    • Robert Chudek - K0RC
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2013
        Your Database/Log (*.MDB) files should be located in the N1MM Program
        directory on both computers.

        A single Database/Log file cannot be shared among multiple computers.
        (N1MM Logger operates in a peer-to-peer environment, not a client/server
        topology.)

        The N1MM Logger in network mode takes care of the "sharing" of the
        information among the individual *.MDB files on each networked computer.

        73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

        On 6/20/2013 12:19 PM, shepherd.john75 wrote:

        > I am trying to network 2 computers for FD. OS is XP Home - latest N1MM
        > version on both 'puters - one set as "Master" (0) - both 'puters see
        > each other - computer names show in the info screen with green dots.
        > Data base and log is in a shared folder in "My network places"
        > Computers have different station information. When I enter a contact
        > in either computer I get the same error message on the other one (see
        > below) I need to change something but I cant' figure out what! Can
        > anyone help me?
        >
        > John AD6NR
        >
        > "N1MM Logger V13.6.1 6/20/2013 3:25:09 PM -
        > EntryWindow(PacketSpot_ToRow) - 3022 - The changes you requested to
        > the table were not successful because they would create duplicate
        > values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in
        > the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or
        > redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again."

      • shepherd.john75
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21, 2013
          Thanks Rich - you saved the lives of at least two innocent computers and a number of feet of CAT5 cable! It always makes me feel good when the real answer was: read the instructions dummy! I am using your list of essential short cuts for FD operators again this year - it is a great operating aid! Off to FD 22013. Regards John

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2013
            Thanks Bob - Rich sent me an earlier message - I missed on of the pointed warning / instructions boxes that told me not to use the same DB for two computers. Both you and Rich were helpful and kind - "read the instructions dummy" was the real answer!

            Regards

            John