Re: [N1MM] Problem with new/clean install

  • Steve London
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2013
      On 05/24/2013 03:06 PM, KE1B wrote:
      > Setting up N1MM on a Dell Inspiron laptop for Field Day. There is almost nothing on this machine, other than a browser.

      That's interesting. You sure the XP Pro installation that is on it is
      good ? Has XP SP3 been installed ? Is there a virus scan program
      running ? If so, disable it and try the installation again.

      > Download the Full Install, runs and installs fine into C://N1MM
      >
      > Download the latest Update; in the middle, it gives an error message "Update Failed n1mmv5wave.ocx could not be registered".

      That was put in recently to catch this recurring problem that some users
      have. Same comment as above.

      > If I try to run the N1MM application after the failed update, I get a series of "Out of Memory" errors, with a variety of causes (e.g., "Entry Window (SetUpSecondEntryWindow) 7 - Out of Memory").

      No use trying to run N1MM if the installation fails.

      > Tried uninstalling N1MM and manually deleting every N1MM-related file and start from scratch, same result.
      >
      > OS is XP Professional, machine is a 697 MHz P3 with 512 MB of RAM.

      That is a lame machine, by any standard of the past 8 years, especially
      the 697 MHz part. Was this originally a Windows 98 install on this
      machine ? N1MM Logger runs fine with 512 MB RAM on my box, but its speed
      is 3.2 GHz.

      73,
      Steve, N2IC