Re: [N1MM] RE: [N1MM-Digital] Opinion on an idea..

  • Bill Turner
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2013
      ORIGINAL MESSAGE: (may be snipped)

      On Thu, 23 May 2013 10:34:58 -0500, N7US wrote:

      >The advantage is that received text doesn't move in the window, so it's easy
      >to position the cursor to copy received text into the QSO entry window.

      REPLY:

      The disadvantage to this is there is no consistency as to where new text
      will appear. Every time you return from TX to RX you have to search for the
      new text line. It's a small thing, but you have to do it literally thousands
      of times during a contest.

      The way N1MM does it, the new text always appears on the top line when using
      {CLRRX} in your macro. The text doesn't move until it fills the RX window. I
      have my RX window size set to about eight lines which is almost always
      enough.

      Either way works, it's mostly a matter of personal preference.

      73, Bill W6WRT