Re: Opinion on an idea..

  • Russ Miller
    Message 1 of 16 , May 22, 2013
      This is very interesting but I would have to try this in a contest before I could say if I feel comfortable with the line of text vs the window.

      Alternately, could this be coded as an option that a user could change and experiment with a bit.

      TNX and 73
      Russ WA3FRP

    • N2CU
      Message 2 of 16 , May 22, 2013
        I'd like to see text STOP scrolling when the mouse cursor is placed over a callsign in any window (existing or proposed). Maybe just stop scrolling in the multiple RX window when the cursor is in one of them.

        73,
        Tom N2CU <><

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Ed Muns <w0yk@...> wrote:

        > Rick, can you make the single-line RX window summaries not scroll, but
        > instead overwrite, character by character, themselves when the text reaches
        > the end of the line? I assume highlighted callsigns are clickable and this
        > would make it feasible to do so.
        >
        > Ed W0YK

      • Julio VE3FH
        Message 3 of 16 , May 23, 2013
          Hello Rick,

          I understand this will not affect those of us using a single DI, am I correct?

          73,
          Julio VE3FH

          Message 4 of 16 , May 23, 2013
            Right on, Dave. I always have fun chasing calls down the screen when CRs don't get suppressed well enough. But I would certainly appreciate the improved management of screen real estate.

            73, Jim K9YC

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 16 , May 23, 2013
              Here's an idea to go along with your question:  When multiple decoders are active on the same audio stream, compare all of the decoded callsigns, highlight only those that are decoded identically at least twice, and add only those calls to the stack.

              73, Jim K9YC

            • Rick Ellison
              Message 6 of 16 , May 23, 2013
                Have you turned on the setting to remove the extra CR's??
                Remember this will only pertain to the external RX windows and has nothing to do with the main RX windows in each DI.

                73 Rick N2AMG

                Message 7 of 16 , May 23, 2013
                  Yes that is correct.. and it won't change for users that don't want to use
                  it. Iit will be made to be selectable..

                  73 Rick N2AMG

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 23, 2013
                    Ever since discovering it. :)

                    73, Jim K9YC

                    Have you turned on the setting to remove the extra CR's??