Re: [N1MM-Digital] RE: [N1MM] Opinion on an idea..

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 16 , May 22, 2013
      > Rick, can you make the single-line RX window summaries not scroll,
      > but instead overwrite, character by character, themselves when the
      > text reaches the end of the line?

      That's not easy from a programming perspective ... the programmer
      needs to maintain a circular buffer, resize it based on window
      width and constantly calculate both word wrap (if space, is the
      current position within 7 characters of the end?) and character
      position. With a scrolling display, received characters can be
      simply added to the end of an existing string with no calculation
      (buffer management) required.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

      On 5/22/2013 12:37 PM, Ed Muns wrote:
      > Rick, can you make the single-line RX window summaries not scroll, but
      > instead overwrite, character by character, themselves when the text reaches
      > the end of the line? I assume highlighted callsigns are clickable and this
      > would make it feasible to do so.
      >
      > Ed W0YK

    • Russ Miller
      Message 2 of 16 , May 22, 2013
        This is very interesting but I would have to try this in a contest before I could say if I feel comfortable with the line of text vs the window.

        Alternately, could this be coded as an option that a user could change and experiment with a bit.

        TNX and 73
        Russ WA3FRP

      • N2CU
        Message 3 of 16 , May 22, 2013
          I'd like to see text STOP scrolling when the mouse cursor is placed over a callsign in any window (existing or proposed). Maybe just stop scrolling in the multiple RX window when the cursor is in one of them.

          73,
          Tom N2CU <><

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Ed Muns <w0yk@...> wrote:

          > Rick, can you make the single-line RX window summaries not scroll, but
          > instead overwrite, character by character, themselves when the text reaches
          > the end of the line? I assume highlighted callsigns are clickable and this
          > would make it feasible to do so.
          >
          > Ed W0YK

        • Julio VE3FH
          Message 4 of 16 , May 23, 2013
            Hello Rick,

            I understand this will not affect those of us using a single DI, am I correct?

            73,
            Julio VE3FH

            Message 5 of 16 , May 23, 2013
              Right on, Dave. I always have fun chasing calls down the screen when CRs don't get suppressed well enough. But I would certainly appreciate the improved management of screen real estate.

              73, Jim K9YC

              ________________________________
              Message 6 of 16 , May 23, 2013
                Here's an idea to go along with your question:  When multiple decoders are active on the same audio stream, compare all of the decoded callsigns, highlight only those that are decoded identically at least twice, and add only those calls to the stack.

                73, Jim K9YC

              • Rick Ellison
                Message 7 of 16 , May 23, 2013
                  Have you turned on the setting to remove the extra CR's??
                  Remember this will only pertain to the external RX windows and has nothing to do with the main RX windows in each DI.

                  73 Rick N2AMG

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 23, 2013
                    Yes that is correct.. and it won't change for users that don't want to use
                    it. Iit will be made to be selectable..

                    73 Rick N2AMG

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 23, 2013
                      Ever since discovering it. :)

                      73, Jim K9YC

                      Have you turned on the setting to remove the extra CR's??