General logging for 6m

  • Jim Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11 10:22 AM
      I'm finding chasing grids on 6m with fast qsb more like contesting than
      general operating. Has anyone got a good N1MM configuration for efficient
      logging while chasing grids on 6m?

      I'd just take the results and import them into DXK.

      Thanks

      jim ab3cv

    • mdgolfbum
      Message 2 of 6 , May 11 4:07 PM
        Just remembered the N1MM/DXK gateway and gave it a try. Rather than making a UDC I just opened the ARRL VHF contest and used that to log to DXK.

        Worked great!

        The grid I typed in was kept by DXK even if it conflicted with what was looked up in the QRZ XML data which is exactly what I wanted to happen.

        I'm not sure I'll bother with a UDC afterall.

        73

        jim ab3cv
      • mdgolfbum
        Message 3 of 6 , May 11 6:27 PM
          Too much time on my hands with my rotor under repair... ;-)

          Made a UDC which captures Callsign, Grid, Sent Report, Received report.

          Works great!

          jim ab3cv
        • Frank
          Message 4 of 6 , May 11 9:03 PM
            Why don't you use VHFDX ?

            73 de Frank PH2M

            Message 5 of 6 , May 12 5:32 AM
              Hi Frank

              I might have but didn't see it before making a UDC.

              I like mine better now.

              Thanks

              jim ab3cv
            • Terry Robinson
              Message 6 of 6 , May 12 10:07 PM
                Hello,

                I find VHF Reg 1 is good enough.

                Cheers,

                Terry

                DESCRIBE ONLINE - IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH INFORMATION

                Terry Robinson B.Sc
                82 Albert Rd.
                Crosshill
                Glasgow
                G42 8DR
                Tel: 0141 423 2683 - Mobile: 07771 610002
                Web: www.describe-online.com

                __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8325 (20130512) __________

                http://www.eset.com