Bug Report:

  • gi4viv-1@ntlworld.com
    Message 1 of 230 , Mar 4, 2003
      Below is the result of your feedback form:
      It was submitted by: Pete Mercer (gi4viv-1@...)
      on Tuesday, March 4, 2003 at 21:12:40

      Problem: Program not seeing Cat Control on FT100 it Works on YPlog

      n1mmversion: 2.1.63

      OSVersion: Windows 98

      Processor: Pentium 11 333Mhz Dell

      RAM: 128Mb

      Rig: FT100

      Callsign: GI4VIV

    • f5tjw
      Message 230 of 230 , Jun 3, 2004
        Thomas,

        N1MM logger is starting fine on this french windows XP version with
        the .ini file that Gil sent to me but not (error 13 and 91) with
        the .ini file included in the release file(4.0.34) or with the .ini
        file N1MM created when this file is missing (i had some advises that
        told me to delete that file in order to diagnose the problem).

        I'll sent to you those two .ini files in the next minutes to you
        email box.

        regards.

        jean-jacques
        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas PA1M" <t.b.tinge@g...>
        wrote:
        > Gil, Jean-Jacques,
        >
        > The default settings (initialization of variables you would call
        it) are in the file ''Default Settings.txt'.
        > This file is equal for everybody.
        > Changes in your setup to this file are in 'N1MM logger.ini'. So
        without a N1MM logger.ini file
        > you still do have default settings from ''Default Settings.txt'.
        >
        > I would be very interested to have both the N1MM logger.ini files
        from Jean-Jacques to see what
        > the differences are. Could you send them to me?
        > Please tell which one is working and which one is not?
        >
        > 73' Thomas
        > PA1M

        English
        > .. ;-)
        >
        > regards
        > Gil F5NOD
        >
        > --------------
        > Pete Smith wrote:
        >
        > > Your problem *may* be retention of some file or another from a
        previous
        > > installation. For example, did you install version 4 in the
        same directory
        > > as version 3? When I was beta testing version 4, I had it in
        a separate
        > > directory from version 3, though I continued to run both right
        up until the
        > > switchover. Never had any trouble, including this morning
        when I updated
        > > from 4.0.31 to 4.0.34.
        > >
        > > My point is that the problem is not inherent to Version 4, but
        rather
        > > something in your installation (yours and a few others).
        > >
        > > When you install on a new computer, do you:
        > >
        > > First do the base installation?
        > >
        > > Then add the newest .exe on top of that load?
        > >
        > > And then, start up and configure?
        > >
        > > 73, Pete N4ZR
        > >
        > > At 01:06 PM 6/3/2004, f5tjw wrote:
        > >

        > >>Hi Boyan,
        > >>
        > >>thank you for your help.
        > >>
        > >>I did all you suggest below, unfortunatly, i did not succes.
        > >>
        > >>I tried this afternoon on a third PC (W2K), i got the same
        problem.

        > >>i have a another Pc under WIN95, i'll try this evening.
        > >>
        > >>73 de Jean-Jacques F5TJW

        > >>---

        > >>does't

        same