Re: [N1MM] Two simultaneous contests

  • Michael Adams
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2013
      There are some weekends that I'll bounce back and forth among 2 or 3
      contests. Here's what you do:

      1. Set up the contests in the normal way. Note that there is a special
      meta-contest supported by the logger for the combination of 7QP, INQP, and
      NEQP this weekend.

      2. Under the file menu, note that recently opened contests are listed.
      When you find a station in "the other" contest, click "File" and choose
      appropriately.

      --
      *Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
      Poquonock, Connecticut | mda@...

      On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM, ANDREW <bbodony@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I know this had been addressed before but I can't find the reference..
      > How do you set up TWO contests with different rules and be able to switch
      > between them? ( like NEQP and ARI coming up overlapping
      > this weekend
      >
      > Andy K2LE / W2FOC/1

    • VE9AA Mike
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2013
        Meta-contest? Can you please elaborate?
        I often do 2, 3. even up to 6 or 7 contests per weekend and do the file, scroll to the right one, click, thing.

        If I could do a "meta-contest" this weekend, it would sure save
        me a small amount of grief as I tune up and down the bands.

        Thanks

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2013
          Andy,

          Here is the way I do it.

          1) Create a new database for each of the two contests.
          2) Name each database with its contest identifier, i.e. NEQP.mdb, etc.
          3) Set up each contest in its respective database complete with all F-key
          definitions, call history, etc.
          4) After sequentially opening each contest in its database, doing an Alt+F
          and then hitting 2 will always bring up the "other" contest.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2013
            IN7QPNE QSO Party type:

            N1MM Logger Documentation > Digging Deeper > Contest Setup and Configuration > Contest Setup Instructions > Setup QSO Parties - CW and SSB > 1. Same weekend: 7QP, Indiana QSO Party, New England QSO Party .

            This only covers those 3 specific QSO parties; it is not a cure-all.

            73,
            Rich VE3KI

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "VE9AA Mike" <ve9aa@...> wrote:

            > Meta-contest? Can you please elaborate?
            > I often do 2, 3. even up to 6 or 7 contests per weekend and do the file, scroll to the right one, click, thing.
            >
            > If I could do a "meta-contest" this weekend, it would sure save
            > me a small amount of grief as I tune up and down the bands.
            >
            > Thanks
            >
            > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Michael Adams <mda@> wrote:
            > >
            > > There are some weekends that I'll bounce back and forth among 2 or 3
            > > contests. Here's what you do:
            > >
            > > 1. Set up the contests in the normal way. Note that there is a special
            > > meta-contest supported by the logger for the combination of 7QP, INQP, and
            > > NEQP this weekend.
            > >
            > > 2. Under the file menu, note that recently opened contests are listed.
            > > When you find a station in "the other" contest, click "File" and choose
            > > appropriately.
            > >
            > > --
            > > *Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
            > > Poquonock, Connecticut | mda@
            > >

            > > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM, ANDREW <bbodony@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > > >

            > > > I know this had been addressed before but I can't find the reference..
            > > > How do you set up TWO contests with different rules and be able to switch
            > > > between them? ( like NEQP and ARI coming up overlapping
            > > > this weekend
            > > >
            > > > Andy K2LE / W2FOC/1

          • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2013
              Mike,

              If you press alt+F, of select >File, you will be presented with a file
              dialog window. At the bottom of the dialog window is a numbered list of the
              last 9 contest you have operated. Pressing the number corresponding to a
              contest will open it.
              alt+F 1 = first contest in list
              alt+F 2 = second contest in the list
              alt+F 9 = ninth contest in the list

              You can quickly jump between a weekend's contests with this hotkey method.
              You could even use AutoHotKey to define single-key macros for the top
              three... or however many you are operating.

              -larry (K8UT)
              I often do 2, 3. even up to 6 or 7 contests per weekend and do the file,
              scroll to the right one, click, thing.

              If I could do a "meta-contest" this weekend, it would sure save
              me a small amount of grief as I tune up and down the bands.

              Thanks

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Michael Adams <mda@...> wrote:

              > There are some weekends that I'll bounce back and forth among 2 or 3
              > contests. Here's what you do:
              >
              > 1. Set up the contests in the normal way. Note that there is a special
              > meta-contest supported by the logger for the combination of 7QP, INQP, and
              > NEQP this weekend.
              >
              > 2. Under the file menu, note that recently opened contests are listed.
              > When you find a station in "the other" contest, click "File" and choose
              > appropriately.
              >
              > --
              > *Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
              > Poquonock, Connecticut | mda@...
              >

              > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM, ANDREW <bbodony@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > I know this had been addressed before but I can't find the reference..
              > > How do you set up TWO contests with different rules and be able to
              > > switch
              > > between them? ( like NEQP and ARI coming up overlapping
              > > this weekend
              > >
              > > Andy K2LE / W2FOC/1

            • Pete Smith N4ZR
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2013
                The only things I can add to Larry's advice are the following:

                -- the listed contests do not have to be in either the same or in
                different databases. The program takes your selection and opens the
                appropriate database, then the contest. Very neat.

                -- the contest and database you currently have open will always appear
                at the top of the numbered list. This is why Alt+F, then 2 will always
                toggle between two contests, but it also means that the contest numbers
                will keep changing if you are switching among more than 2. The simplest
                solution is to hit Alt+F, then look at the numbered list and click the
                right one.

                -- I began testing this in version 13.4.0, and for some reason was
                getting anomalous results, such as failure on contests below #4 and no
                specific QSO party initials showing up on QSO parties I had just
                created. I went into my N1MM Logger.ini file and deleted all entries
                for Recent Contests, emptying the File Menu list, and then updated to
                13.4.5. From then on, it all operates as described above, with both old
                and new databases.

                -- So far as I can tell, this feature is not documented in the manual.

                73, Pete N4ZR
                Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
                http://reversebeacon.net,
                blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.