Problem opening N1MM

  • dbellw6aq@...
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28 3:17 PM
      Hi -- I've just had my computer out to The Geek Squad to get rid of
      something called "Total Defense Security Center." One of the reasons I suspected
      I had a virus was that I couldn't open N1MM because a window entitled
      "Entry Window (Program_Initialize-- After BCC Initialization) 2000 - Application
      - defined - or object -" opens (which means nothing to me) and then the
      first line inside the box says "would you like to send a bug report?" Then
      is says "The bug reporting web page will open then ErrorLog.txt" The third
      line in this box says, "This error number and the message to report are
      shown at the end of ErrorLog.txt." Click OK and the next box says,"Run-time
      error 91:" and then "Object variable with block variable not set." Click OK
      and the box goes away, but as far as I can tell, nothing has happened
      except that I can't open N1MM. It's the latest download, incidentally.

      I've looked through the manual and realize that many of the troubleshooting
      suggestions require a computer knowledge greater than mine, sorry to say.

      What's happening please?

      73, Dave

    • r.turner35
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28 4:26 PM
        Are you sure the Geeks got rid of your problem? Perhaps there was some collateral damage either before or during the extermination of the malware? Did they say if your installed applications (N1MM being one of them) were ok?

        Bob

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28 5:24 PM
          When generating a cabrillo file for 2 contests this weekend (SP DX RTTY, BARTG
          75 RTTY), I got a pop up window telling me my category was "SINGLE-OP ASSISTED
          ONE", but I double checked my configuration in the "Open database" window,
          where I had changed my status to UNASSISTED (wish the default was that like
          before), and also the .LOG file, which showed me as a single op. Apparently
          the .LOG file is created properly, but I have never gotten this message before.

          Wondering if I did something to cause this?

          Dave, NJ4F
        • Dick White
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 29 6:59 AM
            I had the same thing happen to me with the SP RTTY contest. I had to
            correct my Cabrillo log before sending it in

            KS0M

            "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"

            Richard C. (Dick) White

            Fulton, MO. 65251 U.S.A.

            Amateur Radio Station KS0M

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 29 8:04 AM
              This will be fixed in tomorrow's release.

              73,
              Steve, N2IC

              On 04/29/2013 07:59 AM, Dick White wrote:
              > I had the same thing happen to me with the SP RTTY contest. I had to
              > correct my Cabrillo log before sending it in
              >
              > KS0M
              >

              > "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
              >
              > Richard C. (Dick) White
              >
              > Fulton, MO. 65251 U.S.A.
              >
              > Amateur Radio Station KS0M

            • Dave NJ4F
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 29 12:20 PM
                I didn't see anything to correct, the file didn't say assisted. What did you
                correct? I may need to correct ,mine...

                Dave, NJ4F

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 29 1:49 PM
                  Dave,

                  I set up the contest with Category as SINGLE-OP. My first Cabrillo file came
                  out with SINGLE-OP ASSISTED. I went back to the set up and it had SINGLE-OP
                  in the category box. I changed to another category and then changed it again
                  to SINGLE-OP. The 2nd time I printed the file it still said ASSISTED.
                  I repeated my previous steps and it came out ok. Never had this before and
                  it seems to be working ok now as my log was accepted.

                  73 - Dick - KS0M

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 29 4:24 PM
                    Don't forget, they changed the program so that every contest defaults to
                    assisted. I have to edit that for every contest.

                    Dave, NJ4F