Re: [N1MM] Can't work same call in diff countiies

  • VE9AA Mike
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
      It will scream dupe until you change the county to a new one that they're in.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
        John,

        What QSO party, Florida maybe? version of N1MM??

        For a second QSO with a station who has changed counties entering a valid
        exchange will remove the "DUPE" indicator AND allow you to log the QSO by
        hitting Enter. Be sure the abbreviation you are trying to type is valid for
        that particular county. You can check the valid county abbreviations by
        opening the contest setup window and checking "Edit section list" or by
        going to the sponsor's website. I've found that in QSO parties sometimes
        even the in-state stations will send an incorrect abbreviation.

        The F4 key normally will send your callsign unless you have changed its
        default function. It is not programmed to log the QSO. Hitting ENTER will
        log the QSO. Control+Alt+Enter will force N1MM to accept what you have
        typed (even an incorrect exchange).

        If your F-keys are not working:
        1) do you have the radio interfaced to your computer for rig control
        2) do you have the radio interfaced to the computer for sending CW either
        via LPT or com port keying?

        Have you read the documents on the website about Getting Started/Interfacing
        Basics?

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
          Please satisfy my curiosity-- How can they possibly use the same call in two
          different countries?
          Bill--W4BSG

          It will scream dupe until you change the county to a new one that they're
          in.

          --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:

          > What QSO Party, John? What version of N1MM Logger?
          >
          > Your second paragraph seems to reflect some substantial
          > misunderstandings. Have you read the Getting Started section? What
          > about the Contest Setup > QSO Parties section? Do you have ESM mode
          > selected under Config?
          >
          > 73, Pete N4ZR
          > Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
          > http://reversebeacon.net,
          > blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
          > For spots, please go to your favorite
          > ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
          >
          > On 4/27/2013 5:14 PM, John Fuller wrote:
          > > I don't recall having this problem in previous QSO parties, but now the
          > > N1MM logger will not allow me to save a second QSO with the same station
          > > that's moving from county to county. It screams "DUPE!" and presents an
          > > error message saying "Missing/Invalid Exchange." Hitting Return will not
          > > save the QSO from the new county.
          > >
          > > I've read the manual but am getting nowhere. I can't save a QSO by
          > > pressing the F4 button as recommended in the manual for S&P operation
          > > because I've not set up N1MM Logger to transmit. The F buttons don't
          > > function.
          > >
          > > Anyone have a solution?
          > >
          > > John K4HQK

        • Rex Maner
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
            The Only differance for a Mobile station is the COUNTY he is operating from,
            So N1MM has been set up to call him a good contact if his exchange is from a different county eg . KN4Y gives 599 JEF when in Jefferson county , He then changes to Pal county and gives 599 PAL.

            The program is smart enough to know when the new COUNTY is entered that it is now a good contact for both COUNTIES.

            Rex K7QQ

            Please satisfy my curiosity-- How can they possibly use the same call in two
            different countries?
            Bill--W4BSG

            It will scream dupe until you change the county to a new one that they're
            in.

            --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:

            > What QSO Party, John? What version of N1MM Logger?
            >
            > Your second paragraph seems to reflect some substantial
            > misunderstandings. Have you read the Getting Started section? What
            > about the Contest Setup > QSO Parties section? Do you have ESM mode
            > selected under Config?
            >
            > 73, Pete N4ZR
            > Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
            > http://reversebeacon.net,
            > blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
            > For spots, please go to your favorite
            > ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
            >
            > On 4/27/2013 5:14 PM, John Fuller wrote:
            > > I don't recall having this problem in previous QSO parties, but now the
            > > N1MM logger will not allow me to save a second QSO with the same station
            > > that's moving from county to county. It screams "DUPE!" and presents an
            > > error message saying "Missing/Invalid Exchange." Hitting Return will not
            > > save the QSO from the new county.
            > >
            > > I've read the manual but am getting nowhere. I can't save a QSO by
            > > pressing the F4 button as recommended in the manual for S&P operation
            > > because I've not set up N1MM Logger to transmit. The F buttons don't
            > > function.
            > >
            > > Anyone have a solution?
            > >
            > > John K4HQK

            4 Key Fat Loss Hormones?
            Doctor Reveals 4 Hormones Making You Fat & How To Stop Them Now.
            RealDose.com
          • Jim Brown
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
              Easy -- since sometime in the 70s, your call is your call anywhere in the US. Your address is a mailing address where you receive official mail from the FCC, it is NOT a station address. Way back when we were young, our license had two parts -- an operator license and a station license, the station license was for a specific address, you got a new call if you moved to a different call area, and you signed /n if you operated anywhere other than that licensed location, where /n was the call area of where you were portable.

              That was then, and now is now. :)  I live in California, the address on my license is in California, and I don't sign /6 unless the band is open on 6M and I don't want folks to point their antennas the wrong way and lose me.

              73, Jim K9YC

              ________________________________
              Please satisfy my curiosity-- How can they possibly use the same call in two
              different countries?
              Bill--W4BSG

              It will scream dupe until you change the county to a new one that they're
              in.

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:

              > What QSO Party, John?  What version of N1MM Logger?
              >
              > Your second paragraph seems to reflect some substantial
              > misunderstandings.  Have you read the Getting Started section? What
              > about the Contest Setup > QSO Parties section?  Do you have ESM mode
              > selected under Config?
              >
              > 73, Pete N4ZR
              > Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
              > http://reversebeacon.net,
              > blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
              > For spots, please go to your favorite
              > ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
              >
              > On 4/27/2013 5:14 PM, John Fuller wrote:
              > > I don't recall having this problem in previous QSO parties, but now the
              > > N1MM logger will not allow me to save a second QSO with the same station
              > > that's moving from county to county. It screams "DUPE!" and presents an
              > > error message saying "Missing/Invalid Exchange." Hitting Return will not
              > > save the QSO from the new county.
              > >
              > > I've read the manual but am getting nowhere. I can't save a QSO by
              > > pressing the F4 button as recommended in the manual for S&P operation
              > > because I've not set up N1MM Logger to transmit. The F buttons don't
              > > function.
              > >
              > > Anyone have a solution?
              > >
              > > John K4HQK

            • Jeff Blaine
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 27, 2013
                He may mean **county**, not country?

                73/jeff/ac0c
                www.ac0c.com
                alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

                --- In mailto:N1MMLogger%40yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@...> wrote:

                > What QSO Party, John? What version of N1MM Logger?
                >
                > Your second paragraph seems to reflect some substantial
                > misunderstandings. Have you read the Getting Started section? What
                > about the Contest Setup > QSO Parties section? Do you have ESM mode
                > selected under Config?
                >
                > 73, Pete N4ZR
                > Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
                > http://reversebeacon.net,/
                > blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
                > For spots, please go to your favorite
                > ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
                >
                > On 4/27/2013 5:14 PM, John Fuller wrote:
                > > I don't recall having this problem in previous QSO parties, but now the
                > > N1MM logger will not allow me to save a second QSO with the same station
                > > that's moving from county to county. It screams "DUPE!" and presents an
                > > error message saying "Missing/Invalid Exchange." Hitting Return will not
                > > save the QSO from the new county.
                > >
                > > I've read the manual but am getting nowhere. I can't save a QSO by
                > > pressing the F4 button as recommended in the manual for S&P operation
                > > because I've not set up N1MM Logger to transmit. The F buttons don't
                > > function.
                > >
                > > Anyone have a solution?
                > >
                > > John K4HQK

              • John Fuller
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 28, 2013
                  My problem has now been solved by updating the application to the current version, and by correcting an invalid (i.e., incorrectly copied) county abbreviation.

                  As someone suggested, I was indeed referring to the Florida QSO Party.

                  Thanks to you all for your suggestions, and especially to a bleary-eyed John/N3CT, who walked me through the steps despite being up since 0300 ;-)

                  73 to all.

                  John K4HQK