Re: [N1MM] Up-Date

  • Pete Smith N4ZR
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
      Hey Rex - you are doing the right thing. Any update from Version 9
      requires downloading both the Full Install and the Latest Update. It is
      in effect a new installation.

      73, Pete N4ZR
      Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
      http://reversebeacon.net,
      blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
      For spots, please go to your favorite
      ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

      On 4/25/2013 9:47 AM, Rex Maner wrote:
      > OK I'm just a dummy, I have gone to the N1MM site and am currently downloading full install.
      >
      > Please No answer to DUMB question.
      >
      > Rex K7QQ

    • Rex Maner
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
        Thanks Pete

        I got the full install installed and all is working, N1MM - MMTTY -
        but on boot up I get a post that says ,

        EDIT Network Computer names to get boot to go better , however I can't seem to locate in the HELP files where to do this .

        I had a heck of time finding the correct ver of MMTTY on my computer. DUHhhhhhhh.

        Its In too many places.

        Quack

        Hey Rex - you are doing the right thing. Any update from Version 9
        requires downloading both the Full Install and the Latest Update. It is
        in effect a new installation.

        73, Pete N4ZR
        Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
        http://reversebeacon.net,
        blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
        For spots, please go to your favorite
        ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

        On 4/25/2013 9:47 AM, Rex Maner wrote:
        > OK I'm just a dummy, I have gone to the N1MM site and am currently downloading full install.
        >
        > Please No answer to DUMB question.
        >
        > Rex K7QQ

        4 Key Fat Loss Hormones?
        Doctor Reveals 4 Hormones Making You Fat & How To Stop Them Now.
        RealDose.com
      • Pete Smith N4ZR
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
          Did you install the latest update as well as the Full Install before you
          ran MM for the first time, Rex?

          The computer names are under Config > Edit Networked Computer Names. An
          explanation of this function is at
          <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Entry+Window&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation#Multi-User_Mode>.

          On 4/25/2013 3:01 PM, Rex Maner wrote:
          > Thanks Pete
          >
          > I got the full install installed and all is working, N1MM - MMTTY -
          > but on boot up I get a post that says ,
          >
          > EDIT Network Computer names to get boot to go better , however I can't seem to locate in the HELP files where to do this .
          >
          > I had a heck of time finding the correct ver of MMTTY on my computer. DUHhhhhhhh.
          >
          > Its In too many places.
          >
          > Quack

        • Rex Maner
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
            Pete

            I did do the full install plus the latest up-date ver 13-4-4, On MMTTY it took a bit of time for me to finally find the correct place to up-date it.

            The only warning I get now on boot is

            Startup delayed due to unreachable entries in your Networked Computer
            Names table. Use 'Edit" Networked Computer Names to correct after program startup.

            I then can click on the OK button on this info , and N1MM starts. I never before encountered this Note ?? Also I have never tried to Network my computers ?

            Rex

            Did you install the latest update as well as the Full Install before you
            ran MM for the first time, Rex?

            The computer names are under Config > Edit Networked Computer Names. An
            explanation of this function is at
            <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Entry+Window&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation#Multi-User_Mode>.

            73, Pete N4ZR
            Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
            http://reversebeacon.net,
            blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
            For spots, please go to your favorite
            ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

            On 4/25/2013 3:01 PM, Rex Maner wrote:
            > Thanks Pete
            >
            > I got the full install installed and all is working, N1MM - MMTTY -
            > but on boot up I get a post that says ,
            >
            > EDIT Network Computer names to get boot to go better , however I can't seem to locate in the HELP files where to do this .
            >
            > I had a heck of time finding the correct ver of MMTTY on my computer. DUHhhhhhhh.
            >
            > Its In too many places.
            >
            > Quack

          • rich_ve3ki
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
              In the Config menu, about 7 lines up, there is an entry called "Networked-Computer Mode". If this is checked, uncheck it.

              73,
              Rich VE3KI

              --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "Rex Maner" <k7qq@...> wrote:

              > Pete
              >
              > I did do the full install plus the latest up-date ver 13-4-4, On MMTTY it took a bit of time for me to finally find the correct place to up-date it.
              >
              > The only warning I get now on boot is
              >
              > Startup delayed due to unreachable entries in your Networked Computer
              > Names table. Use 'Edit" Networked Computer Names to correct after program startup.
              >
              > I then can click on the OK button on this info , and N1MM starts. I never before encountered this Note ?? Also I have never tried to Network my computers ?
              >
              > Rex

            • Steve London
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
                You have to do more than that...

                Go into "Config->Edit Networked-Computer Names". Remove all of the entries.

                The reason you are seeing this is that you jumped from 9.x to the most
                current version, keeping your old database. No problem, just follow the
                instructions in the previous paragraph.

                73,
                Steve, N2IC

              • Rex Maner
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
                  Tnx Steve

                  I finally yesterday becauze of Pete's Mail got the problem resolved. I just couldn't find the correct place in the Help files for instructions on Networking.

                  All is now working correctly , however about the end of next week I will be getting my box back from my SON an it will have Win 7, and I will have to start from ground ZERO. I've been reading some of the reflector coments so MAYBE ??? I will get it going ha ha

                  agn Thanks All

                  Rex K7QQ