Re: PTT on Radio 2 invoked in SO1V mode

  • Jim Sharp
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2013
      Michael, I don’t know if I have a related problem, but on every version (newer than) 13.03.03 in S02R, radio 2 PTT keys radio 1 and I can’t key radio 2 FSK. This only occurs in digital modes.

      Using 2 K3’s with 4 com ports (2 for CAT control and 2 for dedicated FSK keying) No problem as I am just staying with ver. 13.3.3 or earlier. You might go back to that ver. and see what happens

      73, Jim – W5AP

    • Michael Adams
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6 6:51 AM
        In case anyone in the future is searching through the archives with this
        issue, I thought I'd close the loop with a discovery.

        In this weekend's contests (ARIDX, 7QP, INQP, NEWE), I continued to have
        the PTT-on-radio-2 with N1MM in SO1V mode issue. I never did downgrade,
        because of impending versioning concerns ahead of Field Day.

        Late Saturday, the problem became particularly annoying (radio 2 being
        keyed when sending on radio 1, even in SO2R mode).

        Frustrated, before I started back on the air Sunday morning, I deleted the
        .ini file, and reconfigured the logger from scratch.

        Knock wood, the headache seems to have gone away.

        While I won't discount the possibility of user-error.... "nuke from orbit
        and start fresh" seems to have been an effective resolution.

        --
        *Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
        Poquonock, Connecticut | mda@...