RE: [N1MM] PTT on Radio 2 invoked in SO1V mode

  • John Bednar
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2013
      Michael,

      The program code is expecting only one radio defined in SO1V and SO2V mode.

      This is the reason why there is only one RadioNr option in the dropdown
      menu. RadioNr = "2" does not exist in SO1V or SO2V mode.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24, 2013
        Michael, I don’t know if I have a related problem, but on every version (newer than) 13.03.03 in S02R, radio 2 PTT keys radio 1 and I can’t key radio 2 FSK. This only occurs in digital modes.

        Using 2 K3’s with 4 com ports (2 for CAT control and 2 for dedicated FSK keying) No problem as I am just staying with ver. 13.3.3 or earlier. You might go back to that ver. and see what happens

        73, Jim – W5AP

      • Michael Adams
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2013
          In case anyone in the future is searching through the archives with this
          issue, I thought I'd close the loop with a discovery.

          In this weekend's contests (ARIDX, 7QP, INQP, NEWE), I continued to have
          the PTT-on-radio-2 with N1MM in SO1V mode issue. I never did downgrade,
          because of impending versioning concerns ahead of Field Day.

          Late Saturday, the problem became particularly annoying (radio 2 being
          keyed when sending on radio 1, even in SO2R mode).

          Frustrated, before I started back on the air Sunday morning, I deleted the
          .ini file, and reconfigured the logger from scratch.

          Knock wood, the headache seems to have gone away.

          While I won't discount the possibility of user-error.... "nuke from orbit
          and start fresh" seems to have been an effective resolution.

          --
          *Michael D. Adams* (N1EN)
          Poquonock, Connecticut | mda@...