Re: [N1MM] Problem with Repeat CQ using CATA keying

  • ba4alc
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
      Hello John,

      There is no gap between CQs even I set the repeat time is very long.

      Jack/BA4ALC

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

      > Jack,
      >
      > The program doesn't know when the radio completes the message or your cw speed when using CAT commands. So the program code starts the repeat timer when the radio command is sent to the radio.
      >
      > Set the repeat timer three seconds longer than then the cq message time.
      >
      > John, K3CT
      >

      > On Apr 23, 2013, at 5:27 AM, "ba4alc" <bg4alc@...> wrote:
      >
      > > When I set the massage.
      > >
      > > F1 CQ,{CATA1ASC KY CQ BA4ALC}
      > >
      > > Or someghing like that.
      > >
      > > Than set cq repeat on. It will repeat cqing with no interval regardless your cq repeat time setting.
      > >
      > > Jack

    • John Bednar
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24, 2013
        Jack,

        It works here with my IC-7600 and a CAT command to send "CQ".

        The CAT command is placed in Config, Function Key tab, CQKey. (F1 in default
        the setup)
        The CAT macro message is placed in the F1 Run message.
        PTT can not be used, the radio VOX must be used.

        Start with a shorter message of one or two characters and set the CQ Repeat
        time to 6 seconds.

        This is not the preferred or supported method of sending CW because you
        won't be able to send serial numbers, callsigns of other stations to RUN,
        change the CW after it started, and have difficulty stopping the message.

        There is no gap between CQs even I set the repeat time is very long.

        Jack/BA4ALC

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, John Bednar <k3ct@...> wrote:

        > Jack,
        >
        > The program doesn't know when the radio completes the message or your cw
        speed when using CAT commands. So the program code starts the repeat timer
        when the radio command is sent to the radio.

        > Set the repeat timer three seconds longer than then the cq message time.
        >
        > John, K3CT
        >

        > On Apr 23, 2013, at 5:27 AM, "ba4alc" <bg4alc@...> wrote:
        >
        > > When I set the massage.
        > >
        > > F1 CQ,{CATA1ASC KY CQ BA4ALC}
        > >
        > > Or someghing like that.
        > >
        > > Than set cq repeat on. It will repeat cqing with no interval regardless
        your cq repeat time setting.

        > > Jack

      • ba4alc
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24, 2013
          sorry, I tested again with a longer enough repeat time setting, It works ok. It was due to I was using a very long cq message at first.

          Jack/BA4ALC