Re: [N1MM] Import Cabrlilo Log back into N1MM?

  • John Bednar
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
      Bruce,

      Guess you realize now that you have taken the long route.

      Were the changes so great that you couldn't edit the QSO's in N1MM Logger?

      Does the sponsor recompute your score or can you manually compute the score and change it in the Cabrillo file?

      John, K3CT

      On 04/23/13, bruce whitney wrote:

      Is there any 'reasonably easy' way to import a cabrillo log back into N1MM to rescore a QSO party?

      We had to make a few edits to correct a QSO Party log - and did it easily in a text editor with the Cabrillo format - now, we would like to import it back into the program to get it to rescore it.... I looked at the imports tab options and tried a few things with no success... Any suggestions?
      Thanks, Bruce W8RA

    • Rex Maner
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
        I would suggest that you open the Logging program , make the corrections that you feel need doing . Then make a new Cabrillo output. and Delete the one you have now.

        Rex K7QQ

        Is there any 'reasonably easy' way to import a cabrillo log back into N1MM to rescore a QSO party?

        We had to make a few edits to correct a QSO Party log - and did it easily in a text editor with the Cabrillo format - now, we would like to import it back into the program to get it to rescore it.... I looked at the imports tab options and tried a few things with no success... Any suggestions?
        Thanks, Bruce W8RA

        When Diet & Exercise Fail
        Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by fixing 3 fat loss hormones.
        RealDose.com
      • bruce whitney
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 24, 2013
          John W9ILY
          Rex K7QQ
          John K3CT
          Marc ON7SS

          Thank you all for your suggestions and help.
          First - you are all quite right - this was the wrong way to go - Cabrillo, then try to import back.
          The reason I did it is because of the frustration of editing the log in N1MM.
          When double clicking on the log entry it consistently jumped to the entry above - clicking on the one below didn't work either. When selecting and right clicking - it told me that I could not edit an entry made by the other station (on local network) - which was long shut down and gone - and had a questionable log for other reasons.
          John W9ILY -  was kind enough to convert the Cabrillo to an adi but that won't load either. Despite opening the contest properly - with a new log - I get an error message 'can't load because the contest must be type MI_QP'.   There appears to be no good way to make that happen, that I can see.
          Sooo... I will edit the Cabrillo to reflect reality and also edit the score summary (text file) - best as I can to reflect the changes.  The real score will be determined by the contest manager anyway - I just wanted a good estimate.
          N1MM - love it and hate it at the same time!
          Bruce W8RA

        • Jorge Diez - CX6VM
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 24, 2013
            Hello Bruce

            Despite a contest log cannot be edited in some cases by rules, you can
            uncheck “networked computer mode” and you can do what you want

            73,

            Jorge

            CX6VM/CW5W

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 25, 2013
              Bruce,

              I suspect that the reason why the log entry you double click on isn't
              selected has something to do with trying to edit a contact logged from a
              station that doesn't exist.

              Synchronizing and re-synchronizing multi-station databases is complex.
              Steve, N2IC added the ability to edit any QSO from any station when it's
              connected. This was a several month project that consumed a lot of his time.
              You'll save time if you fix the QSO's in real time or log them correctly
              from the start.

              If you will never open this log with the other station(s) on the network
              again, turn off multi-user mode. You'll be able to edit any QSO.