Import Cabrlilo Log back into N1MM?

  • bruce whitney
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
      Is there any 'reasonably easy' way to import a cabrillo log back into N1MM to rescore a QSO party?

      We had to make a few edits to correct a QSO Party log - and did it easily in a text editor with the Cabrillo format - now, we would like to import it back into the program to get it to rescore it.... I looked at the imports tab options and tried a few things with no success... Any suggestions?
      Thanks, Bruce W8RA

    • Marc Domen
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
        Bruce,

        As far as I know the only way to import a log back into N1MM is via an adif
        file.
        You should convert the cbr log to adif (there are ways) but you have to
        make sure that the right reports received have the correct adif tag.
        I have done it, but it takes some manual work.

        If no other solution comes from the group, feel free to cantact me direct
        and we will see what can be done.

        73 Marc, ON7SS - OO9O

        sugestion: this has been touched before, anyone has an idea to
        incorpoporate this in N1MM (or perhaps I am missing something)

      • John Bednar
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
          Bruce,

          Guess you realize now that you have taken the long route.

          Were the changes so great that you couldn't edit the QSO's in N1MM Logger?

          Does the sponsor recompute your score or can you manually compute the score and change it in the Cabrillo file?

          John, K3CT

          On 04/23/13, bruce whitney wrote:

          Is there any 'reasonably easy' way to import a cabrillo log back into N1MM to rescore a QSO party?

          We had to make a few edits to correct a QSO Party log - and did it easily in a text editor with the Cabrillo format - now, we would like to import it back into the program to get it to rescore it.... I looked at the imports tab options and tried a few things with no success... Any suggestions?
          Thanks, Bruce W8RA

        • Rex Maner
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 23, 2013
            I would suggest that you open the Logging program , make the corrections that you feel need doing . Then make a new Cabrillo output. and Delete the one you have now.

            Rex K7QQ

            Is there any 'reasonably easy' way to import a cabrillo log back into N1MM to rescore a QSO party?

            We had to make a few edits to correct a QSO Party log - and did it easily in a text editor with the Cabrillo format - now, we would like to import it back into the program to get it to rescore it.... I looked at the imports tab options and tried a few things with no success... Any suggestions?
            Thanks, Bruce W8RA

            When Diet & Exercise Fail
            Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by fixing 3 fat loss hormones.
            RealDose.com
          • bruce whitney
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 24, 2013
              John W9ILY
              Rex K7QQ
              John K3CT
              Marc ON7SS

              Thank you all for your suggestions and help.
              First - you are all quite right - this was the wrong way to go - Cabrillo, then try to import back.
              The reason I did it is because of the frustration of editing the log in N1MM.
              When double clicking on the log entry it consistently jumped to the entry above - clicking on the one below didn't work either. When selecting and right clicking - it told me that I could not edit an entry made by the other station (on local network) - which was long shut down and gone - and had a questionable log for other reasons.
              John W9ILY -  was kind enough to convert the Cabrillo to an adi but that won't load either. Despite opening the contest properly - with a new log - I get an error message 'can't load because the contest must be type MI_QP'.   There appears to be no good way to make that happen, that I can see.
              Sooo... I will edit the Cabrillo to reflect reality and also edit the score summary (text file) - best as I can to reflect the changes.  The real score will be determined by the contest manager anyway - I just wanted a good estimate.
              N1MM - love it and hate it at the same time!
              Bruce W8RA

            • Jorge Diez - CX6VM
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 24, 2013
                Hello Bruce

                Despite a contest log cannot be edited in some cases by rules, you can
                uncheck “networked computer mode” and you can do what you want

                73,

                Jorge

                CX6VM/CW5W

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 25, 2013
                  Bruce,

                  I suspect that the reason why the log entry you double click on isn't
                  selected has something to do with trying to edit a contact logged from a
                  station that doesn't exist.

                  Synchronizing and re-synchronizing multi-station databases is complex.
                  Steve, N2IC added the ability to edit any QSO from any station when it's
                  connected. This was a several month project that consumed a lot of his time.
                  You'll save time if you fix the QSO's in real time or log them correctly
                  from the start.

                  If you will never open this log with the other station(s) on the network
                  again, turn off multi-user mode. You'll be able to edit any QSO.