Re: Trying To Get Set UP

  • rich_ve3ki
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013
      See <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Using+Stored+Messages+in+Contests+-+and+the+Function+Key+Message+Editor&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation> - or, if that link is too long, go to www.n1mm.com and select the Documents > Hot Topics (most hits) > Funtion Keys, Messages and Macros menu item, then in the page that appears select the first item, "1. Using Stored Messages in Contests - and the Function Key Message Editor".

      73,
      Rich VE3KI

      --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, "wc3w" <mvwohlschlegel@...> wrote:

      > Gentlemen/Ladies---OK---I am trying to get set and establish the settings for the FL QSO party this coming weekend. No problem in setting up ---I opened up N1MM---file---and found QSO party--input the needed information into the following screen. I want to operate mainly CW for this event---so I went to Config after opening the program and putting the needed inputs for the QSO party. No probem so far. Now what I am trying to do is set the macro's on F1, F2, F3, etc on the input screen (bottom right part of my screen when I open up N1MM). I next go to "Cpnfig"---right click--and highlight "Change CW/SSB/Digital; Function Key Definition." Opened up the screen and selected "Change CW Function Key Definition." So far so good.
      > A screen comes up --all looks good---F1 through F12 then some junk at the bottom----so what I do is hit "save'--I am not sure where it is saving this file--- (I modified some elements on the screen but in the end, we will leave it as you have suggested. When I hit "save"---I am not really sure where it is being saved----when I open up---it does not open what I have saved?
      >
      > Help!
      >
      > Mark

    • Larry Gauthier (K8UT)
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013
        Mark,

        For a quick overview, you might take a few minutes to view the
        "Understanding Function Key" video found at website >Support >Instructional
        videos:

        http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Instructional+Videos

        -larry (K8UT)