Import call history file now?

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 20, 2013
      I have N1MMLogger configured for the Michigan QSO Party and the Ontario
      QSO Party. Alt+f+2 switches between them.

      Each time I switch between the two contests, there is a popup window
      entitled "Load Associated Call History File" which requires a response
      in order to import the call history and finalize loading the contest. I
      use call history for both contests.

      Other than not using call history, is there a way to avoid the extra
      keystroke (ENTER or the "y" for YES key) for call history import each
      time I switch contests?

      Thanks.

      Steve K8JQ
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 20, 2013
        Hi Steve,

        Here is one way. Create a new, separate database for each QSO party with
        only that contest configured, complete with its particular history file
        loaded. Then when you do the Alt+f+2 to switch, it will load the "other"
        contest from the separate database that already has the history file. Doing
        this also has the advantage that you can configure custom F-keys for each
        QSO party.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 20, 2013
          No.

          John

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 20, 2013
            Why can't he put both contest's history files into a single file?

            73,
            Tom

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 20, 2013
              Yes, that should work, too. But, he will need to clear the Call History Filename on the ASSOCIATED FILES tab of the contest setup screen for each QSO party otherwise he will still get the prompt to load the history file even though it may reference the same filename and path.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 20, 2013
                Ps. a clarification: if the two QSO parties are in the same database, he can manually load the combined call history file once when setting up either contest. It will remain in the database and be used for call history lookups for all contests until overwritten by another call history import.

                Yes, that should work, too. But, he will need to clear the Call History Filename on the ASSOCIATED FILES tab of the contest setup screen for each QSO party otherwise he will still get the prompt to load the history file even though it may reference the same filename and path.

                Why can't he put both contest's history files into a single file?

                73,
                Tom
                On 4/20/2013 10:05 AM, k3ct wrote:
                > No.
                >

                > John

              • John Bednar
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 20, 2013
                  That may work. The call history loading from the Associated Files menu would have to be cleared.

                  John, K3CT