Re: [N1MM] Available Mult's & Q's

  • Rex Maner
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
      Hank

      I have a special WIPE in one of the Macro buttons just below F1 thru F4 I make it {WIPE},
      It makes it easier to find.

      Rex

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
        +1

        Stewart G3RXQ

        --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Hank Garretson <w6sx@...> wrote:

        > When I single-click on a Bandmap RBN spot, N1MM moves me to that frequency.
        > Good
        >
        > If I then call the guy or hit Space, the call goes into the call-entry box.
        > Good.
        >
        > If for some reason I end up not working the guy and move off frequency,
        > that spot goes to the top of the Available Mult's & Q's list as a
        > self-spot. It gets a new time-stamp and I lose all information on the
        > original spot. Not good.
        >
        > I would much prefer that the spot stay where it was in the Available Mult's
        > & Q's cue with all its original information. Is there any way to avoid the
        > self-spot?
        >
        > (I know that if I Wipe the call before moving frequency, the call does not
        > get self-spotted, but that is an extra step I often forget and prefer not
        > to have to bother with.)
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Hank, W6SX
        >
        > Mammoth Lakes, California
        >
        > Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light

      • Steve London
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
          This is working as designed, and should stay that way.

          The way it works now "refreshes" the spot in the bandmap and available
          window, giving it a new timeout period. This is extremely useful when
          operating single-op, unassisted. (Yes, a few of us still do that). I
          tune across the band, entering calls. Some I work immediately, others I
          don't. When I later do another pass across the band, the call goes into
          the entry window when I tune to the previous frequency. If the station
          is still on the frequency, I just have to press the Space key, and the
          spot is refreshed for another timeout period. Extremely useful for those
          of us who can't depend on the DX spotting network to refresh the spot
          for us.

          73,
          Steve, N2IC

          On 03/01/2013 03:15 AM, stewart_bakeruk wrote:
          > +1
          >
          > Stewart G3RXQ
          >
          > --- In N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com, Hank Garretson<w6sx@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> When I single-click on a Bandmap RBN spot, N1MM moves me to that frequency.
          >> Good
          >>
          >> If I then call the guy or hit Space, the call goes into the call-entry box.
          >> Good.
          >>
          >> If for some reason I end up not working the guy and move off frequency,
          >> that spot goes to the top of the Available Mult's& Q's list as a
          >> self-spot. It gets a new time-stamp and I lose all information on the
          >> original spot. Not good.
          >>
          >> I would much prefer that the spot stay where it was in the Available Mult's
          >> & Q's cue with all its original information. Is there any way to avoid the
          >> self-spot?
          >>
          >> (I know that if I Wipe the call before moving frequency, the call does not
          >> get self-spotted, but that is an extra step I often forget and prefer not
          >> to have to bother with.)
          >>
          >> 73,
          >>
          >> Hank, W6SX
          >>
          >> Mammoth Lakes, California
          >>
          >> Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light

          > .

        • Pete Smith N4ZR
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
            I just tested and you can turn off that behavior, if you want, by
            turning off QSY Wipes... on the Config menu.

            73, Pete N4ZR
            Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
            http://reversebeacon.net,
            blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.