Re: [N1MM] Set a standard window configuration

  • Robert Chudek - K0RC
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2013
      Yes, that will work too. Once you understand how the OPON and named INI
      files interact, there's all kinds of variations you can do.

      The idea behind having custom configurations, though, is individual
      operators have their favorite layout and will be (theoretically) more
      efficient in a familiar window arrangement. Forcing everyone to a single
      standard defeats that advantage.

      73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

      On 3/1/2013 12:05 AM, Ted Bryant wrote:

      > Bob, thanks, that's good information. If he wanted to make a "standard
      > layout" that all operators could use but still have each operator log on
      > (for individual DVK messages , maybe) couldn't he create that layout, save
      > it - N1MM Logger.ini W4NZ, for example. Then instead of deleting that
      > file,
      > create copies replacing the "W4NZ" part with each operator's call. Then,
      > when each operator logged on they would all see the same layout, wouldn't
      > they?
      >
      > 73, Ted W4NZ

    • Rex Maner
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
        BOB
        I mentioned this before but maybe it didn't make it to the Post spot'

        I would like to have the first 12 Macro buttons on the DI window set up with 4 over 4 so they are easier to click on. I mostly only use about 6 of these buttons for 75 to 80 percent of an event.

        I might have to approach the MMTTY owner abot the change but mmtty/DI might be done somewhere else??

        It would just make it a bit easier for old F--ts to find the correct spot to click.

        Rex K7QQ