PCI-e parallel port dilemma

  • Pete Smith N4ZR
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
      Boy, I'm really stuck. I bought a PCI-e parallel port card with the
      MOSChip chipset to try to replicate the success two others have
      reported. It installed on LPT3 at lowest address D000, so I set
      Configurer to match. There is no antenna data coming out of it.

      Before the card arrived, I uninstalled and reinstalled MM, and this time
      I ran it the first time "as Administrator". Afterward, I checked, and
      inpout64.sys is now installed, which Steve said is what is supposed to
      happen, but somehow the port is not working.

      Anyone have any ideas about things to try on my Win7 64-bit Dell?

      Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
      http://reversebeacon.net,
      blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
      For spots, please go to your favorite
      ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

    • G3YYD
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
        Pete

        I am using a MOSCHIP PCIe with two com and one LPT on a Win8 64 bit machine.
        It worked perfectly straight away. The driver being used is one Moschip
        dated 26/10/2010 (so must be for the Win7) version 2.0.0.1.

        73 David

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
          OK, FB David - the one that came with the card is 1.0.0.8. I'll give
          that a try.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          On 2/2/2013 12:24 PM, G3YYD wrote:
          > Pete
          >
          > I am using a MOSCHIP PCIe with two com and one LPT on a Win8 64 bit machine.
          > It worked perfectly straight away. The driver being used is one Moschip
          > dated 26/10/2010 (so must be for the Win7) version 2.0.0.1.
          >
          > 73 David

        • Matt NQ6N
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
            Pete, trying a driver update was my suggestion also.

            73,
            Matt NQ6N

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
              David, I've spent the last half-hour searching for a driver that current
              for my chipset, which is the MCS-9900. Can you cconfirm that is the
              same chipset you have?

              73, Pete N4ZR

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                Matt, which driver are you using? Is it for the MCS-9900 chipset? I've
                gone back to the manufacturer (SYBA) and my system insists I'm up to date.

                73, Pete N4ZR

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                  Pete,

                  I don't have the machine with me at present so not sure.

                  Matt

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                    I updated all the way to 2.2.0.8 dated in 2012, and still nothing. Got
                    a suggestion to try reinstalling N1MM with UAC turned off. Why not -
                    worth a try hi.

                    73, Pete N4ZR

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                      I found one - version 2.2.0.8 dated in 2012. Straight from the mfr so
                      tried it. No joy. Now exploring another variation.

                      73, Pete N4ZR

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                        Pete

                        Not sure what the chip is. Will take the card out of PC and have a look.

                        73 David

                        David, I've spent the last half-hour searching for a driver that current for
                        my chipset, which is the MCS-9900. Can you cconfirm that is the same
                        chipset you have?

                        73, Pete N4ZR
                        Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
                        http://reversebeacon.net,
                        blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
                        For spots, please go to your favorite
                        ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

                        On 2/2/2013 12:24 PM, G3YYD wrote:
                        > Pete
                        >
                        > I am using a MOSCHIP PCIe with two com and one LPT on a Win8 64 bit
                        machine.
                        > It worked perfectly straight away. The driver being used is one
                        > Moschip dated 26/10/2010 (so must be for the Win7) version 2.0.0.1.
                        >
                        > 73 David

                      • John Unger
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                          Getting in this current thread a little late, Pete, but I am using version
                          2.0.0.1 of the driver from MosChip. It's dated 10/26/2010 and is working
                          using Windows 8 64-bit. It was the driver installed by the OS automatically
                          after I inserted the card.

                          I have been using the parallel port today to control my DXD and SO2R in the
                          MNQP and it is working flawlessly.

                          73 - John, W4AU

                        • Brian Alsop
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                            John,
                            Your success is one bit of many bits. Maybe Pete needs to check the
                            SO2R bit and see if that is working. Could it be that driving software
                            might be able to activate one of the parallel port bits and not others?
                            Any way you can check the band data bits?

                            73 de Brian/K3KO

                            -----
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                              Pete

                              Chip is MCS9901CV-CC

                              73 David

                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                                Thanks David.

                                73, Pete N4ZR

                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 2, 2013
                                  I was thinking the same thing, Brian. I'll have to check the DXD schematic
                                  and see if I can look at the state of some of the other parallel connector
                                  pins.

                                  73 - John, W4AU