N1MM Macro's for the KX3 Digital Voice Recorder.

  • KD3TB
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
      With the Announcement of the new KX3 Firmware that activates the DVK. I have
      listed below an example of N1MM Macro's that I am using. In this example, F1
      will key Memory 1 and F2 will key Memory 2. F3 will Tune the KX3 and F4 turn
      VOX on and off.

      F1 CQ,{CATA1ASC SWT11;} {CATA1ASC SWT19;}
      F2 Exch,{CATA1ASC SWT11;} {CATA1ASC SWT27;}
      F3 ATU, {CATA1ASC SWT44;}
      F4 VOX, {CATA1ASC SWT29;}

      Additional code can be found in the K3/KX3 Programmers reference manual
      (http://www.elecraft.com/manual/K3&KX3%20Pgmrs%20Ref,%20E2.pdf) , Table # 8
      - Page 23.

      These macros can be entered in N1MM under Config/Change CW/SSB/Digital
      Function Key Definitions - Change SSB Function Key Definitions.

      This is a great addition to the KX3 for both Dx'ing and Contesting. Our
      thanks to the Elecraft Team.

      Regards, Irwin KD3TB

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
        Irwin,

        I'm sure the KX3 will accept multiple commands without the command pacing
        delay.

        F1 CQ,{CATA1ASC SWT11;SWT19;}
        F2 Exch,{CATA1ASC SWT11;SWT27;}

        Don't place a space between the two radio commands. It will be sent to the
        radio and probably confuse the KX3 command handler.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2014

          Hi

          I am looking for some info but have no documentaion available.  I am on an island for IOTA and getting Internet access takes a 2 mile kayak to find any sort of signal!

          I want to use my K3 DVR memory number 4 as a long CQ call and have it auto repeat.  Great when everyone else has gone to bed and activity levels drop!

          I am already using M1 and M2 as short CQ and a thanks end of QSO message.

          Could someone please send me the code to put this in as an N1MM macro?

          Thanks

          Jim,  MM0BQI